• \[SOLVED\] Gnome running with Gallium 0.4

Hello Antergos community!

After installing bumblebee and working hard to get my nVidia GPU working, I am faced with a slight problem.
    I’ve confirmed that my nVidia GPU works with:

optirun -vv glxgears

However, the Gnome 3 shell is using Gallium 0.4 to render its graphics and I’m finding this very slow.
    Is there a way to change this to use my nVidia driver or something else that’s faster?

Kindest regards!

EDIT: SOLVED!

To solve this problem I just installed xf86-video-intel again and it gave me animations again.
    I’m happy with this so I’m marking it as solved.
    One additional step I took was to install intel-dri; but I don’t think that had any effect.

Hopefully this is helpful to someone : )

• Hello Antergos community!

After installing bumblebee and working hard to get my nVidia GPU working, I am faced with a slight problem.
    I’ve confirmed that my nVidia GPU works with:

optirun -vv glxgears

However, the Gnome 3 shell is using Gallium 0.4 to render its graphics and I’m finding this very slow.
    Is there a way to change this to use my nVidia driver or something else that’s faster?

Kindest regards!

EDIT: SOLVED!

To solve this problem I just installed xf86-video-intel again and it gave me animations again.
    I’m happy with this so I’m marking it as solved.
    One additional step I took was to install intel-dri; but I don’t think that had any effect.

Hopefully this is helpful to someone : )

• Thanks for posting your findings!

I’m sure it will be useful.

Cheers!

Posts 3Views 1038