• \[SOLVED\] Gnome running with Gallium 0.4

Hello Antergos community!

After installing bumblebee and working hard to get my nVidia GPU working, I am faced with a slight problem.
    I’ve confirmed that my nVidia GPU works with:

optirun -vv glxgears

However, the Gnome 3 shell is using Gallium 0.4 to render its graphics and I’m finding this very slow.
    Is there a way to change this to use my nVidia driver or something else that’s faster?

Kindest regards!

EDIT: SOLVED!

To solve this problem I just installed xf86-video-intel again and it gave me animations again.
    I’m happy with this so I’m marking it as solved.
    One additional step I took was to install intel-dri; but I don’t think that had any effect.

Hopefully this is helpful to someone : )

• Hello Antergos community!

After installing bumblebee and working hard to get my nVidia GPU working, I am faced with a slight problem.
    I’ve confirmed that my nVidia GPU works with:

optirun -vv glxgears

However, the Gnome 3 shell is using Gallium 0.4 to render its graphics and I’m finding this very slow.
    Is there a way to change this to use my nVidia driver or something else that’s faster?

Kindest regards!

EDIT: SOLVED!

To solve this problem I just installed xf86-video-intel again and it gave me animations again.
    I’m happy with this so I’m marking it as solved.
    One additional step I took was to install intel-dri; but I don’t think that had any effect.

Hopefully this is helpful to someone : )

• Thanks for posting your findings!

I’m sure it will be useful.

Cheers!

Posts 3Views 1335
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.