• Cache Installation files resume feature?

More often then not, during the long download / install process my internet drops to a low speed for what ever reason and this causes a python error which means I have to start from scratch. Really annoying…

Would it be possible to somehow separate the download process into a separate routine so that if it fails at some point, a resume downloading button appears? Along with a “Optimise mirrorlist button?”

So tired of staying off the internet gritting my teeth waiting for it to all download only to have it fail aty 82%

I feel bad complaining about this. I know you guys work tirelessly to provide an awesome distro for free…

But I want it I want it I want it!

Sincerely

Octatron

• More often then not, during the long download / install process my internet drops to a low speed for what ever reason and this causes a python error which means I have to start from scratch. Really annoying…

Would it be possible to somehow separate the download process into a separate routine so that if it fails at some point, a resume downloading button appears? Along with a “Optimise mirrorlist button?”

So tired of staying off the internet gritting my teeth waiting for it to all download only to have it fail aty 82%

I feel bad complaining about this. I know you guys work tirelessly to provide an awesome distro for free…

But I want it I want it I want it!

Sincerely

Octatron

• Hi,

We will be working on enhancements to the package download process in the next development cycle (After our upcoming release).

Cheers!

• That would be awesome! I live in the Philippines and the Internet here is not great. I got almost to the end of the downloads using the RC, then had a momentary drop in the Internet. That as they say was the end of that.

• Well said Octatron both the question and the praise

I have a similar problem, but also, sometimes I like to install a few machines at a time and having the files cached or reusable would be a fantastic time saver.

• The code is there and it’s working.

We just have a little issue with mount points.

I’ll post here when we have this sorted out.

Cheers!

• @“daspicer”:3dfr13lw said:

That would be awesome! I live in the Philippines and the Internet here is not great. I got almost to the end of the downloads using the RC, then had a momentary drop in the Internet. That as they say was the end of that.[/quote:3dfr13lw]

Better use PLDT.

Posts 7Views 1915
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.