• Help with NVIDIA graphics on laptop

HI. Sorry if it seems like I have done zero searching, but I have been for almost 2 days now. Maybe I just suck at looking for guides, but I will list what I have done lol.
    Basically, I got a new computer, and I have been using Arch for a while now, but I never had a dedicated graphics card with Arch before, so… yeah.

So I’m using antergos, with the gnome environment and I can get it to install properly, because it appears to be using my iGPU, and I can even get it to boot post install.
    Then, what used to happen is that I would install nvidia drivers

sudo pacman -S nvidia

and reboot and I get a black screen with a blinking dash in the top left corner.
    However, after some searching, and fiddling around with, I found that if I uninstalled light-dm and install gdm, I can boot properly and login and stuff.
    side note: The nvidia-beta drivers from AUR seemed to not be worth it, because then I couldn’t install nvidia-settings because of package conflicts. However, idk if I need that to solve my next problem.

Anyways, so now I have a system with the nvidia drivers (not the beta one although I can’t tell any difference besides the package conflicts), but when I plug in an external monitor, the laptop screen flashes like crazy for like 10 seconds then it acts like nothing happened, and when I go to “displays” in gnome settings, the second monitor isn’t detected

so I looked at more guides, and tried installing bumblebee, then prime, and using bumblebee, I can get unigine heaven to run, and judging from the fps when I run

optirun heaven

it seems to be using the NVIDIA gpu so at least there’s that
    I also saw on another post somewhere that a guy was running glxgears and connected his monitor while that was running and then his monitor was detected, but not for me.

The laptop I have is an Acer Predator Helios 300 ( G3-571 ), snd it has a gtx 1060 in it.
    Also, I looked in the BIOS and found no option to disable optimus
    Basically, I want to occasionally run games on Arch and connect to an external monitor, but I can’t lol.

I would assume that a bunch of headaches could be solved by going back to ubuntu, but now that I’ve used arch I don’t want to go back, lol!
    edit: I had to remove a link to one of the many guides I followed because Akisminet.com was marking my post as spam

• @arunscape Hey man. Quick question did you enable or disable to install graphic drivers when installing Antergos ?

• I know my post may have been confusing so I’m going to start over.

I did another fresh install and all I did was: 1)uninstall nouveau and 2)replace lightdm with gdm.

So now, I have a working setup that appears to be running purely on Intel graphics. If I unplug the external monitor and plug it back in, everything works as expected, both of the monitors are detected, etc.

There is no xorg.conf file in /etc/X11
    and in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/
    There is:

If I install bumblebee, that seems to break my ability to output to the external monitor

Posts 3Views 389
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.