• Any way to stop auto-sorting in dolphin?

Basically hate auto-sorting after pasting or directly after extracting files but would also like it to sort after a refresh or leaving the folder and coming back. Prefer the files to just paste/extract directly to the bottom at first then auto sorted when I want it to.

I was very annoyed with this behavior when moving to windows 7, even edited the registry to stop it but that left me with no auto -sorting at all which would be just as time consuming if not more so and sort of just gave up trying to organize anything and just left a huge mess in a few folders.

Is there anyway around this in dolphin?

• @Bugs while maybe not the best solution, you could rename the files with numbers in front that will keep them in the order you want.

Sys01: Antergos + Mate; GTX 1070 + nvidia package :)
    Sys02: Antergos + Mate on Surface Pro 3

• @n_mag Appreciate the advice. After making this post I have come across a number of qol features in dolphin, that made things bit better. Namely the ease of batch renaming and split view have made organizing things easier.

Think I just got little too accustomed to how Windows XP works. I did use the OS for well over a decade. I’ll adapt though in time :)

• @Bugs I understand. There’s a batch rename utility we use at work that is phenomenal but I haven’t had to look for a linux solution yet, although I’m willing to bet there is.

Sys01: Antergos + Mate; GTX 1070 + nvidia package :)
    Sys02: Antergos + Mate on Surface Pro 3

auto-sorting1 dolphin6 stop6 Posts 4Views 112