• Steam games running, but not launched.

Hi all, could you please direct me , where should I look for solution with described problem. I have Insurgency and Day of Infamy , both of them won’t start, in steam I can see - Running, and that’s all.

• Steam Runtime:
    env STEAM_RUNTIME=1 /usr/bin/steam %U
    Steam Native:
    env STEAM_RUNTIME=0 /usr/bin/steam %U

$ steam --reset

Aprendiendo que no es poco

• @Velkerk
    Thank you, when I run this from CLI it works. Can you give a hint what this commands for, do I need to run them all the time, why I need them in the first place?
    I just wanna know, what is this all for, because without this commands, games won’t run, I tried.

• Steam can work in two ways:

• Runtime mode. All Linux games should work here. Uses libraries of the Steam program.
    • Native mode. It uses the most updated libraries of the operating system. (Some games do not work and some missing library has to be manually added)

steam --reset
    This is to reinstall Steam

• @Velkerk I see. Any idea why games don’t not work if I launch steam from a shortcut, but works from the terminal ? Basically it should work both ways or neither.

• There may be several reasons. Are the games Steam? Have you reinstalled Linux? Have the paths changed? Do you have the download folder selected correctly?, …
    In the console you will get error information.

• @Velkerk Alraight, thank you, will dig it on my own, much appreciated.

steam55 games10 running11 launched1 Posts 7Views 240