• Login issues in Gnome 3.12.2

Hello everyone,

I just installed Antergos and I love it. I want to ask you about this issue I have, maybe it’s not a big deal.
    My login page looks like this: see attachment. Notice the ‘gnome’ session witch is not the same as ‘GNOME’ that is available below that. The ‘gnome’ session doen’t do anything… it’s just there. Every time I login I have to select manualy the correct ‘GNOME’ session and login. Also I cannot enter the password without clicking on my name, so I cannot login using only my keyboard.

Am I missing something? Should I submit a bug?

Thanks!
    Petre

• Hello everyone,

I just installed Antergos and I love it. I want to ask you about this issue I have, maybe it’s not a big deal.
    My login page looks like this: see attachment. Notice the ‘gnome’ session witch is not the same as ‘GNOME’ that is available below that. The ‘gnome’ session doen’t do anything… it’s just there. Every time I login I have to select manualy the correct ‘GNOME’ session and login. Also I cannot enter the password without clicking on my name, so I cannot login using only my keyboard.

Am I missing something? Should I submit a bug?

Thanks!
    Petre

• change from lightdm to gdm(this worked for me)

sudo pacman -S gdm
    sudo systemctl disable lightdm
    sudo systemctl enable gdm

[img:1pt1tebw]http://i59.tinypic.com/33e3r08.png[/img:1pt1tebw]
    [b:1pt1tebw]Don't forget to mark your thread as [SOLVED] [/b:1pt1tebw]

• Hi,

This has been corrected in the latest version of the greeter. If you want to keep the greeter that we [b:1z1agncx]officially support[/b:1z1agncx] all you need to do is update your system with pacman -Syu to be rid of this issue

Cheers!

• Not specific to Gnome, happened with KDE Plasma too. I applied all updates last night (5/19), still not fixed.

[2014-05-19 19:19] [PACMAN] upgraded lightdm-webkit-theme-antergos (2.0-1 -> 2.0.1-1)

Slightly worse actually. It used to just not do anything if I didn’t change the selection. Now it locks up lightdm. I have to select KDE Plasma from the drop down (even though it already says that) and it works. If I forget it seems to lock up (no icons respond) but power button does a clean shut down.

Posts 5Views 669