• YOU ARE WELCOME! ... say hello to the community:

Hi to all happy Antergos users out there!
    We just created this “Hello Antergos!” Category to get you here, also without a problem in front ;)

We want you to say hello and if you like: A swing from your Linux life!
    Praise and send down Antergos! if you feel you have to!
    Feel free to open a topic under this category if you have a long story!

I am one of the newer moderators here, and try my best to help on both little and big problems, and I must say it is a pleasure to help, even on the stupidest and most fundamental questions (we do not know stupid questions here!) It is all about learn, relearn, teach, help, get help and communicate!

• Nice, nice. It has been very good to be part of this community. I want to let others know that the Antergos team is excellent. I have been using Antergos for about a month and a half and use it on a MacBook Air and built a Raspberry Pi with Arch on it. Thank you for the good work put into this.

• I’ll say hello. I’ve been around these forums since April (when I installed Antergos). I’ve been a Linux user since 1999 (full time at home since 2002), although I am not and likely will never be a power user or use the command line as if it is second nature. This is one of the most helpful and friendly Linux communities I’ve encountered, and I want to thank everyone for that. Plus, thanks for a great distribution!

• @WaltH said in YOU ARE WELCOME! ... say hello to the community::

I’ve been around these forums since April (when I installed Antergos). I’ve been a Linux user since 1999 (full time at home since 2002),

Wow! With these qualifications, you have me utterly beat😄. I’ve only been using Antergos since May and have only been a Linux user since January. Glad to hear of other newer users out there!

• @Keegan said in YOU ARE WELCOME! ... say hello to the community::

@WaltH said in YOU ARE WELCOME! ... say hello to the community::

I’ve been around these forums since April (when I installed Antergos). I’ve been a Linux user since 1999 (full time at home since 2002),

Wow! With these qualifications, you have me utterly beat😄. I’ve only been using Antergos since May and have only been a Linux user since January. Glad to hear of other newer user out there!

Only in terms of length of time. From some of your other posts, I can tell you are doing much more with Linux than I. Me, I’m just an ordinary user, using Linux much as I did that other OS.

• Antergos provides Arch Linux experience with less hassle possible. A few months back when I made my first Antergos LiveUSB, i was thinking it was so good to be true. But here I still am and feels like home. Thanks everyone for their contributions to this community.

• Hello everyone.

• Hi there and welcome to the Antergos community, @Tiebes! It’s good to hear of another new user trying Antergos out😀.

But I am curious, what’s your story? What led you to use Antergos? For me, I started out the Linux world using Linux Mint, but disliked the XP feel of it. Soon after, I switched to Zorin because I felt the need for something slick, modern, and familiar (I had been using Windows until I came across Linux). Zorin was great for me for awhile, but I soon outgrew it. When I discovered the rolling aspect of Antergos, I felt I just had to try it out😀. And here I am today! But what about you? Every story is different…

And thank you for giving Antergos a try!

• Well, here I am. I began using Unix in the '70’s (when I worked for AT&T). Over the years since Linux became functional, I’ve used every major variety. My problem is that I still have an irreducible minimum of applications that require a MS environment, so my Linux work is part-time and in a virtual machine. It is an incredible PITA to have to reinstall everything each time there’s a major version release of, say, Debian, Fedora, or SuSe, so I really want a rolling release. I would probably suffer through the problems inherent in BSD except that none of the variants integrate well into VmWare or VirtualBox. I was using Mint Debian until they gave up on rolling releases.

So I decided to try Arch. I know how to jump through all the installation hoops – but don’t really care to. I tried ArchBang and Arch-Any: neither would install on VirtualBox (for me – others have succeeded). Antergos was my next-to-last hope – and it just worked. Everything went incredibly smoothly on an xfce install (I do need multiple desktops). And – just for icing on the cake – my shared folder is mounted properly, and my (virtual) desktop is resizable. You’d be surprised how much trouble it takes to make that happen in a Debian or Fedora installation.

The Antergos developers did a great job. I couldn’t be more pleased (except maybe for systemd – I’ll have to use it for a while to see).

• And I don’t understand why my first post is on a black background and colorful. What did I do to make that happen? Thanks . . .

• I suggest we move this systemd discussion to somewhere else instead of filling up this thread…

• @coqui

you do this:

0_1501960174904_Bildschirmfoto vom 2017-08-05 21-09-16.png ???

I just correct this for better readings ;)

And as @psscnp142 say open up a new discussion for this if there is need to discuss it more deepl please!
    here: https://forum.antergos.com/topic/7607/why-do-people-hate-systemd/5

• I started using or was interested in another OS of some sort – in JUN2017. Linux was floating around in my work/fun environment by other people – back in 1998. I didn’t get into it and thought I was better off by using Windows. I am originally a Mac/apple user. I’ve noticed that this Antergos is so much better and mature compared to how those other $$ystems are. Very cool … very nice … and very beautiful Antergos is. My hats go off to this great team and community. Thank you.

If interested … look at what i’ve been able to do in since my introduction to Antergos. thepups.ml

• @joekamprad what do you use as your website foundation? wordpress?

• @mil_lig Yes, simple wordpress, but on my own webspace

• @joekamprad said in YOU ARE WELCOME! ... say hello to the community::

Yes, simple wordpress, but on my own webspace

Do you use wordpress.org or wordpress.com?

Thanks!

• @Keegan none! i use kamprad.net ;) I install wordpress on my own

• Offtopic: @joekamprad it’s confusing that the title is in Spanish and then everything is in German… 😆

• OFFTOPIC: @karasu You know ;) I come from Berlin, we talk european slang here ;)

• Hello everyone,
    Heard the name antergos from Quora, btw can someone tell me how its pronounced 🙂 ?
    I started using Linux when I entered my college in 2011 and have used a lot of distros till then. Settled on Arch Linux last year, then moved to antergos today. That Gnome interface just won my heart ❤.
    Currently the installation is on my netbook, a celeron puppy, so Gnome effects are laggy. Installed i3 alongside and working without any issue.
    Hoping to install the same on my main notebook as well 🙂 .
    I hope to contribute to this community, so wish me luck :P

Posts 61Views 7965
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.