Hello Antergos users!
After a recent boot, my computer no longer detects my HDMI port, and so I cannot use any exterior screens at work or at home. This is obviously very annoying.
Model: Lenovo Y50-70 laptop
Graphics: I use Intel integrated graphics (built-in NVIDIA card disabled in BIOS and no drivers installed)
DE: Gnome on Wayland
- No signal coming to the external monitor
- No HDMI port detected at all, see below:
[[email protected] ~]$ xrandr Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1920 x 1080, maximum 8192 x 8192 XWAYLAND0 connected 1920x1080+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 340mm x 190mm 1920x1080 59.96*+
Things I have tried
- Turn off computer, plug in screen and reboot
- Enabled switchable graphics in BIOS
- Switch from linux-lts kernel to linux, reboot, swap back, reboot.
- Tested the monitor and HDMI cable with another computer (they’re fine)
- Looked through all upgraded packages since last boot where it worked: No kernel or driver updates.
I also had this problem about one month ago. Back then, switching from linux 4.10 to linux-lts 4.9 instantly solved the problem. The problem has now appeared on my linux-lts.
This is just pure pain. If anyone could help me I’d very much appreciate it.
The problem spontaneously disappeared the day after. Still not really solved, though, as I can only wait for when it happens next.