• Strange screen corruption

Hello. So this is kind of a weird issue, and I’m not really sure where to post it. For some reason my screen about a week ago has begun to act really strangely. Now, every time I restart it or wake it from suspend, the screen is nothing but random black and white lines and bars. However, every random number of restarts, I am able to get the screen back to normal. In fact, I’m writing it right now after four restarts and it is working fine. For reference, at any time I can plug it into an external display and have the external display work perfectly. I have a Lenovo Ideapad running 64bit Antergos and the Linux 4.11.9-1-ARCH kernel. I am running GNOME with GTK2/3 themes for the Desktop Environment and icons. I tried recompiling my kernel and reinstalling graphics drivers to no avail. My cpu is an intel i5-6200U and the gpu is an intel integrated graphics chip. My boot uses rEFInd instead of grub. On restarts rEFInd is corrupted as well. Thank you!

• @captcha_d said

For some reason my screen about a week ago has begun to act really strangely.

Hi, do you remember if this happened after a kernel upgrade? Have you tried using the lts kernel instead ?
    sudo pacman -S linux-lts (also install linux-lts-headers) if you need it.
    Regenerate your GRUB: grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
    Reboot and choose the lts kernel.

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• @captcha_d I had a similar problem with my sony vaio and solved reseting a bios by pushing a clips in orifice behind the note.

Posts 3Views 123