• Processor overheat

@bpoerwo said in Processor overheat:

Try to install Thermald or…

Good point. I install thermald everywhere. It silents computers down to incredible point.

• @just said in Processor overheat:

@bpoerwo said in Processor overheat:

Try to install Thermald or…

Good point. I install thermald everywhere. It silents computers down to incredible point.
    I was looking at the page and it is very interesting, but I do not understand how to install it …

• @judd said in Processor overheat:

I was looking at the page and it is very interesting, but I do not understand how to install it …

sudo pacman -Syu thermald
    sudo systemctl enable thermald
    sudo systemctl reboot

and forget about it forever. It simply works in background, without any human intervention.

• @just said in Processor overheat:

Simplemente trabaja en el fondo, sin ninguna intervención

That is exactly what I did not understand, how it worked and is very simple: Thank you as always !!!

• @just !

I was remembering something that also works in the background and does not bother for anything is PRELOAD which works in the time opening every time faster applications and presumably progressing more and more in each login.

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/preload/

• @bpoerwo @just So if I understood correctly I just install thermald and I have nothing more to do ? 😊

• Yes, thermald works this way - install, enable, forget it. But it’s not a magical tool, it doesn’t solve overheating problem alone. It’s a complementary tool, to use in conjuction with other regular cooling means and tools.

For example, on Optimus laptops (I just know them the best) it would be completely useless if Nvidia GPU remains always switched on. Nvidia software must work properly and switch Nvidia off once it is not in use anymore. Nvidia GPU is so hot piece of hardware that its own cooler must be in action in first place. Then, thermald may added to help this cooler to do its job.

• @just I do not understand at all what happens, I installed thermald, and after I want to reboot I have a black screen. After switching off the computer forcefully and accessing my session, I try the command ‘lspci’ and nothing is returned… The drivers ‘nouveau’ have been installed … Am I the only one to have so little luck ?
    The problems encountered are: https://goo.gl/1BcGnC

Edit : I turned off the new module at startup and it seems to work, now my ventilator does not make especially less noise …

0_1501097431513_Capture d'écran de 2017-07-26 21-29-23.png

• Sorry, but I see only non systematic attempts to instal different tools, drivers, packages. A pile of unrelated problems. I’m simply unable to follow you. I believe that Antrgos Wiki is clear enough. Just read it slowly, very slowly, don’t skip any step, try to understand it and to thouroughly follow it.

As for another topic you mention, I avoid to interfer to the threads conducted by other people. They may have a logical chain which they try to make their reader(s) to follow. I’d dislike to break that chain by inappropriate intervention from my side.

processor6 overheat1 Posts 29Views 3480
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.