• lag after suspende

@bpoerwo ty for your feedback, I use my laptop for work too so I understand what you mean, I have used deepin for few hours now and looks stable at the moment. The top bar is not customizable, pretty useless as it is now… but the system itself is quite fast and gives my laptop less issues than gnome. The problem is that gnome and the fact that you can customize it is one of the main reason I start to use linux distro. I believe deepin needs a bit more time but it has all the numbers to compete with the main DE.
    I really miss the top bar where you can add all the addons tho… but I want to stick to what I said and try to use it for a week and see how it goes

• @bpoerwo interesting, did you update something? (i always tend to believe that login managers are the biggest villain when talking about updates, since they prevent you from using the system right at start after a bad update)

Antergos (default OS) - WIN10 (abandoned)
    I3wm - Mate desktop
    AMD - A4 7300 Radeon graphics
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB
    Linux newbie since 06/2016

• no I didn’t, I just installed Deepin and some updates that were in pamac.

Thinkpad E570 Intel core i5 (Kaby lake)
    8 GB RAM
    256 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD
    Intel HD Graphics

• @bpoerwo said in lag after suspende:

some updates

maybe was some update

I3wm - Mate desktop
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB

• Yeah, I also think that, but I was a bit irritated at that time to find the problem.

8 GB RAM
    256 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD
    Intel HD Graphics

• @bpoerwo if you need any help open a topic and we’ll see how we can help you :p

I3wm - Mate desktop
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB

• I solved it already, by doing a fresh install.

8 GB RAM
    256 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD
    Intel HD Graphics

This happened an hour before I had a meeting with my client, so that’s why I brought good old, (bit boring) Mint back in action, that was hibernating on my HDD.

I agree. It’s always good to keep something a bit more stable around just in case:slight_smile:. I know that has saved me a few times also!

Keep trying, never give up. In the end, you will find that it was all worth it

Community ISO: https://antergoscommunityeditions.wordpress.com
    Linux Basics: https://linuxbasicssite.wordpress.com

• @newBee said in lag after suspende:

the fact that you can customize it is one of the main reason I start to use linux distro.

If customizing is your thing, I would recommend KDE Plasma. It is more complicated than either Gnome or Deepin (by a long shot) but provides MUCH more customability than any other DE around. I personally still prefer Gnome a little bit more, but KDE Plasma is the way to go as far as customizing is concerned!

• That’s true!! I prefer Dolphin file manager above any other. And if you like, you can make KDE look more like Gnome, using Latte dock.

8 GB RAM
    256 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD
    Intel HD Graphics

• @Keegan @bpoerwo I said “customize” but in reality I am a minimalist, I just like few addons and everthing within few shortcuts… I fell in love with gnome cause is close to my ideal UI. I only need to install guake and do few changes to get what I want.
    Also I don’t know why but I never liked KDE… this is how my gnome UI looks… nothing special but got everything there

ps. I love deepin bash!!!
    [0_1500674409464_img.png](Uploading 100%)

• @newBee Your link doesn’t work.

8 GB RAM
    256 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD
    Intel HD Graphics

@newBee Your link doesn’t work.

![0_1500674597325_img.png](Uploading 100%)

• @bpoerwo probably moderation? or png is not accepted?

• I have no idea, but it’s just a plain text instead of a link.
    I have nothing against deepin, let’s say I fell out of love with it for the time being.

8 GB RAM
    256 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD
    Intel HD Graphics

• @newBee if you upload image you need to wait till the link is shown up where you have the (Uploading 100%)
    now, before you send your post…
    and the picture is shown up in the preview on the right side >
    0_1500675110130_Bildschirmfoto vom 2017-07-22 00-11-38.png

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• @joekamprad ok thanks! but it gives me error after it goes to 100%… anyway it was not important @bpoerwo yes I understand, it’s been few hours and am starting to see what you mean…

• goodnight everyone and thanks for your help!

• @newBee said in lag after suspende:

goodnight everyone

See you tomorrow then!

link doesn’t work.

Sometimes there is a problem with the whole picture upload thing every now and again. I have no idea why exactly, but if you just post a link to your picture, we should still be able to view it:grinning:.

I fell in love with gnome cause is close to my ideal UI.

Same here! I love the current Gnome interface a lot!

• Ok, here is a little update, after few days I couldn’t stand deppin anymore:D it had few errors and didn’t flow well with me… probably am too used to gnome… anyway when I unistalled it I unistalled few gnome component and couldn’t log in anymore with the lightdm greeter… Then I used a post on this forum to install gdm, disable lightdm and enable gdm… and pooff!! the system is more stable, I don’t experience any lags at the moment and everything goes faster… I only have an issue with the screen saver that doesn’t lock if I close the lid… probably while unistalling deepin I unistalled few gnome dependences… anyway I have the feeling that if I can solve the issue with the screen saver this should solve the lock lag. does anyone know what cons can bring to use gdm instead lightdm? thanks

Posts 44Views 1546