• Editing Dconf Values

Me neither😄. What I’m really hoping for is that @joekamprad or @karasu will show up and have an answer for me, since they both seem to know about editing dconf settings😀. I never meant to put any pressure on you to have an answer, and I apologize if it came across that way.

Thank you for all of your effort and help.

• I do not have a idea at the moment, and I am off for today.

• @joekamprad said in Editing Dconf Values:

I do not have a idea at the moment, and I am off for today.

OK. Thanks! See you tomorrow then😀.

• @Keegan said in Editing Dconf Values:

I never meant to put any pressure on you to have an answer, and I apologize if it came across that way.

not at all friend, i was just kidding with you :p

• In almost all cases you should use gsettings instead of using dconf directly. Sometimes you have to try a few variations on the path but usually replacing the / with . does the trick. Hope that helps.

• @lots.0.logs said in Editing Dconf Values:

In almost all cases you should use gsettings instead of using dconf directly.

Thank you, @lots-0-logs! I’ll give that a try😀.

• Sadly, even that did not seem to work😞. Perhaps I did something wrong? Here is what I did:

gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.media-keys.custom-keybinding:/org/gnome/settings-daemon/plugins/media-keys/custom-keybindings/custom0/ name "'panther'"
    gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.media-keys.custom-keybinding:/org/gnome/settings-daemon/plugins/media-keys/custom-keybindings/custom0/ binding "'<Primary><F10>'"
    gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.media-keys.custom-keybinding:/org/gnome/settings-daemon/plugins/media-keys/custom-keybindings/custom0/ command "'/bin/panther-launcher'"

Thank you everyone for all of your patience and help!

• You put so much pressure on me, I just woke up sweatily and had to answer you here! ;)

[:/] i think (IMHO!) about what @lots-0-logs write before gsettings is using space and points to seperate stuff…

using space and points to seperate stuff…

Are you saying that I should put what I did for dconf but replace the / with .?

Thanks!

You put so much pressure on me, I just woke up sweatily and had to answer you here!

I should hope so! 😄

• commands are different on gsettings… it looks mostly like only path and then values
    https://developer.gnome.org/GSettings/

~]$gsettings help
    Usage:
      gsettings --version
      gsettings [--schemadir SCHEMADIR] COMMAND [ARGS?]

Commands:
      help                      Show this information
      list-schemas              List installed schemas
      list-relocatable-schemas  List relocatable schemas
      list-keys                 List keys in a schema
      list-children             List children of a schema
      list-recursively          List keys and values, recursively
      range                     Queries the range of a key
      describe                  Queries the description of a key
      get                       Get the value of a key
      set                       Set the value of a key
      reset                     Reset the value of a key
      reset-recursively         Reset all values in a given schema
      writable                  Check if a key is writable
      monitor                   Watch for changes

Use ?gsettings help COMMAND? to get detailed help.

• Thank you @joekamprad!

• @Keegan said in Editing Dconf Values:

custom0/

is what i do not understand because you may need to create first, as it does not exist by default?

you may need to create first

I was under the impression that I was creating them with that command. However, I would love to be wrong, considering it didn’t work for me😄.

editing3 dconf2 values1 Posts 34Views 3103
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.