• Antergos is...

a genuine ArchLinux distro???..

thre repos are the same???..

tia!

• a genuine ArchLinux distro???..

thre repos are the same???..

tia!

• antergos adds their own repo to the list. There are a few programs in the default install from the antergos repo. Just use
    $ yaourt -Syua
    to keep your system up to date

[img:1pt1tebw]http://i59.tinypic.com/33e3r08.png[/img:1pt1tebw]
    [b:1pt1tebw]Don't forget to mark your thread as [SOLVED] [/b:1pt1tebw]

• Thx 4 the reply ‘pal’(thus between qm)!

can I disable that repo(antergos)?

and

do u recommend [b:2bay7kif]testing[/b:2bay7kif] images?

BTRFS is available on install?

tia!

• You can disable it if you like. Though I am not sure why anyone would want to since most of the packages provided would otherwise have to be compiled locally from the AUR.

BTRFS is available upon install.

Cheers!

• @“lots.0.logs”:382vva9r said:

You can disable it if you like. Though I am not sure why anyone would want to since most of the packages provided would otherwise have to be compiled locally from the AUR[/quote:382vva9r]

Wanna transform it into ‘genuine’ [b:382vva9r]ARCH…[/color:382vva9r][/b:382vva9r]
    do u no another way to do it?
    tia!

• Hi,

Our distro is very Arch… we try to maintain as less setup as possible, so Gnome, Kde, … are very vanilla.

We just setup very few things (font antialiasing, icons, wallpaper, default apps…)

So in this sense, we are very close to Arch.

Removing a few packages that are in our repo won’t make your installation more Arch, imho.

Cheers!

• @karasu is right. Antergos is genuine Arch.

• I’ll trust u guys

last doubt b4 download the .iso :

what bout [b:3u2mzl5v]ZFS[/b:3u2mzl5v] file system installation

tia!

need asap info to start download…

• There’s no support for ZFS (yet).

• Antergos is …

A nice distro.

Using it for long time now. I use Openbox.

Thanks for the team !

• @“SilDante”:3eiu6ite said:

I’ll trust u guys

last doubt b4 download the .iso :

what bout [b:3eiu6ite]ZFS[/b:3eiu6ite] file system installation

tia!

need asap info to start download…[/quote:3eiu6ite]

I tried ZFS for a while (ZOL) and it was a bit of a nightmere. The issue is that Arch, and therefore Antergos, are bleeding-edge rolling releases (though the LTS kernel is available, but thats not for me). The ZOL project is quite slow and needs to be built against the kernel so it was holding back kernel updates and therefore all updates. It was a total system wash waiting to happen in my opinion. i never got beyound using it with loop devices.

btrfs, on the otherhand, is supper nice, I’m slowly movig everything over from ext4 to btrfs (without conversion or use of a secondary medium, though I do have back ups just in case). So far I’m quite impressed, and its pretty easy to use. ZFS is easier and currently more feature rich, however the immutibility of pools would have made what I’m currently doing much [i:3eiu6ite]much[/i:3eiu6ite] harder. I do have some issues that I can’t seem to figure out, but I’m sure I’ll work those out eventually.

Posts 12Views 3659