• System freezes/crashes often (journalctl)

@joekamprad said in System freezes/crashes often (journalctl):

I am not shure but it seems that because without cleaning the drive files will not be erased and if you reinstall system with exact the same scheme, files will be on exact the same place on the disk. so it comes to irregularities.

I investigate into this on my actual System, having a unstable system after fresh installation with unusual errors, and also incomplete. After overwriting with zeros and a new installation with same structure and media… all fine.

Okay, I will do this and install arch linux + GNOME. I will report back, when I know how it went.

• I do not think you will solve your issue by installing “vanilla Arch” as Antergos is the same in core with some preconfigurations.
    I see a number of users with kind of your problems on current Kernels, May it is better to try LTS-Kernel and see if this is even better.

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    http://gofccyourself.com
    my-blog#k
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• I can try or go with debian. SSD now gets some zeroes but I don’t think it would resolve issues with arch. I did /dev/urandom inbetween the several installs so it got overwritten atleast onces and didn’t solve the problem in my case. :(

• I did some further tests with antergos, unfotunately without success:

• SSD /dev/zero
    • SSD (Crucial MX100) firmware update
    • LTS-Kernel
    • discard on/off

Catched errors on crash this time though (excerpt):

EXT4-fs error (device dm-1): _ext4_get_inode_loc:4467: inode #1450744: block 5767935: comm lightdm: unable to read iptable block
    EXT4-fs (dm-1): previous I/O error to superblock detected
    Buffer I/O error on dev dem-1, logical block 0, lost sync page write
    EXT4-fs error (device dm-1): _ext4_get_inode_loc:4467: inode #1450744: block 5767935: comm lightdm: unable to read iptable block
    Buffer I/O error on dev dem-1, logical block 0, lost sync page write
    Buffer I/O error on  dev dm-1, logical block 0, lost sync page write
    blk_update_request: I/O error, dev sda, sector 47085312
    blk_update_request: I/O error, dev sda, sector 47085320
    blk_update_request: I/O error, dev sda, sector 47085328
    [...]
    systemd-journalld[290]: Failed to wrhite entry (24 items, 591 bytes), ignoring; Read-only file system
    [...]

Could this be a faulty SSD? SSD seems fine from what I can tell, no errors with several r/w tests. SMART says all good. Windows is running without problems on this drive.

Posts 24Views 1172