• Bumblebee Installation Stuck

Hey guys. I’m trying to get Bumblebee and I came accross this awesome article on how to do it: (antergos …uncategorized/bumblebee-for-nvidia-optimus) (blame askimet)

I’m stuck at the whole “modprobe.blacklist=nouveau” step, not being sure what file I edit. When I did this on Fedora, it was a different process. Can anyone point me in the right direction about how I am supposed to go about this?

Thanks for the help guys.

Ubuntu ~ Debian ~ Fedora ~ Antergos
    Dell XPS 15 9530

• @mach01dan said in Bumblebee Installation Stuck:

…I’m stuck at the whole “modprobe.blacklist=nouveau” step, not being sure what file I edit…

When LiveUSB or LiveDVD starts up, Antergos installation menu is presented. It’s mostly white-to-light grey background, with blue Antergos logo at the top of the screen, and startup menu, which consists of:

• Boot from Hard Disk
    • Start Antergos Live
    • Non-Graphical Boot

At the bottom of screen the kernel’s boot parametrs line automatically appears. It content changes when you move among three boot options.

Select the second one:

• Start Antergos Live

Now, simply start typing in modprobe.blacklist=nouveau. The text you type in will be automatically added and appear at the end of the boot line.

Then simply press Enter to start booting into the Live session.

It’s really a very easy process, much easier than navigation in Anaconda :) .

• Hi Just.

Thanks for the info. This may be a really stupid question, but how do I get into that mode? Do I need to insert my Antergos installer USB stick?

Agreed, I’m liking Arch much better than Fedora so far, once I did all my system mods.

Dell XPS 15 9530

• @mach01dan I’m not sure to correctly understand your question.

Download the Antergos ISO. Write it to USB stick or burn it to a DVD disk. These are live media. Boot the computer from LiveUSB or LiveDVD. Antergos installation menu will appear. As described above.

That’s it.

• Awesome, thanks for clearing that up. That’s what I suspected, but just wanted to make sure.

Dell XPS 15 9530

installation198 bumblebee31 stuck24 Posts 5Views 219