• ISO Refresh: antergos 17.7

Notable Changes: Packages updated for the live and minimal install environments.

Click here to see the full blog post

• Thank you so much!

Keep trying, never give up. In the end, you will find that it was all worth it

Community ISO: https://antergoscommunityeditions.wordpress.com
    Linux Basics: https://linuxbasicssite.wordpress.com

• 0_1499612180611_Bildschirmfoto vom 2017-07-09 16-52-35.png
    feeding

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3-wm#gnome-shell

• i see still the extreme os-prober slowness :( (not a fault of the ISO)
    But may we can find a solution to this? I was thinking that a lot of new users will think installation fails because on a multiboot system it takes araund 6 minutes or more.

10:51.78 0 0 grub-mount /dev/sdc6 /var/lib/os-prober/mount

howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3-wm#gnome-shell

• @joekamprad This is an old bug, but I do not have the slightest idea of what’s wrong with os-prober.

• @joekamprad said in ISO Refresh: antergos 17.7:

…on a multiboot system it takes araund 6 minutes or more…

I’d say much more. On computers with 10-12 independent, separate Linuxes and traditional rotational HDDs os-prober runs for 3 hours. CPU usage is constantly at max, cooling fans spin like a crazy. A nightmare.

It’s one of the reasons I don’t use or install Grub 2.

• @just said in ISO Refresh: antergos 17.7:

On computers with 10-12 independent, separate Linuxes and traditional rotational HDDs os-prober runs for 3 hours.

alt text

• @karasu Ha-ha :) ! Great image! It should a photo of myself, it exactly transmits my state at the end of os-prober running.

• @just
    I found that os-prober works as it should when the partitions on which other operating systems are installed are mounted. So manually mount partitions before running os-prober.

• @yamon123 said in ISO Refresh: antergos 17.7:

I found that os-prober works as it should when the partitions on which other operating systems are installed are mounted. So manually mount partitions before running os-prober.

Very intersting, I didn’t know or thought about that. Will probably try it, will mount by hand 12 other partitions with Linuxes, during a future install. Thanks for info.

• @yamon123 said in ISO Refresh: antergos 17.7:

@just

tested and yes it works, fast and without any other problem!

Would be interesting if this is caused by a change on os-prober?

howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3-wm#gnome-shell

refresh21 iso45 17.71 Posts 11Views 973