• Error can't install necessary packages. Cnchi can't continue

Cnchi is a fucked up beta installer.I apologize promptly for the curse words. I have followed all the steps on this forum and the problem persists. I have tried over 15 times to install antergos over the last one week. I have commented out all other servers apart from the main server but the problem persists. I have updated the package databases. Disabled ranking mirrors but the problem persists. I tried to install Antergos with Openbox but the the same error keeps coming up. If any one can solve this, please… Oh by the way this is my cnchi tmp log.[0_1499459721832_cnchi.log](Uploading 100%)

• @transparentchaos [0_1499459739228_cnchi.log](Uploading 100%)

• Can someone please just upvote this or at least comment on it so that a solution can be found, I like the antergos os. Cause it’s really barebones, just an arch installer, I have no experience whatsoever with Arch , and I don’t want to move to Manjaro so please. Anyone

• This is like a very bad reaction from the Antergos Community, I just asked for some help in solving this particular issue, and yet still no help forthcoming from either community users who might have encountered the same problem or Community Editors or should I say Antergos Developers. Very Bad.

• @transparentchaos said in Error can't install necessary packages. Cnchi can't continue:

Cnchi is a fucked up beta installer

That was really inspiring. Can you post the logs online (in paste2.org, for instance) and share the link here? That upload in your second post didn’t work.

Cheers!

• @transparentchaos said [Error can't install necessary packages. Cnchi can't continue]

does this not look like a package change aka unresolvable dependency or package not found?

@transparentchaos and sorry for not be here on time! This is a little community by far not big as Archlinux or Ubuntu community.
    0_1499692324777_Bildschirmfoto vom 2017-07-10 15-11-53.png

As @karasu say upload to forum is not working in your posts so we do not have any to help.
    You can provide also what you choose on installation plz?

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3-wm#gnome-shell

• @karasu I didn’t know that then, and I’m sorry but I can’t do that because I thought there was something wrong with my Hard Drive so I formatted it, and I also deleted the Live iso from my usb, so that I could try another Os to see if the issue was with the iso, but alas, the same was not true.

• @joekamprad I chose English South Africa, tried a couple of other options from Australia to uk, to us and other english options since I read in a post that some language choices were causing that particular issue in Cnchi 0.8 or thereabout, I also chose Openbox, ticked all packages to install and that’s all.

• I do 2 fresh installations today without any issue.

May try to choose no extra packages, only cups if you want to add a printer and bluetooth if you need, also no need to install everything you can choose, you can install everything on the system later…

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3-wm#gnome-shell

• @joekamprad Ok I’ll retry it today

• Sorry, I haven’t replied since then, but I have finally downloaded antergos, for the second time in 3 months. But I have another issue now, after downloading.:blush: :anguished: :confounded: . I was previously using mbr partition table and BIOS, but after wiping my disk, I changed to a gpt table and uefi, now my antergos won’t boot unless it’s through the uefi shell. Any help, or should I start a new issue on that?

• @transparentchaos said in Error can't install necessary packages. Cnchi can't continue:

I was previously using mbr partition table and BIOS, but after wiping my disk, I changed to a gpt table and uefi, now my antergos won’t boot unless it’s through the uefi shell. Any help, or should I start a new issue on that?

Are you saying that you installed in UEFI mode and Antergos does not boot? Because if you installed it in BIOS mode it’s only logical that it doesn’t boot now…

To restore your boot, if you don’t want to go to the hassle of booting with liveiso antergos, chrooting to your system and restoring your grub, I recommend you RESCATUX: http://www.supergrubdisk.org/rescatux/

If you want to do it the “hard” way, start here: https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-reinstall-the-boot-loader-in-Arch-Linux

Cheers!

• @karasu Yes I installed it in uefi mode and then antergos does not boot.

• @karasu And I already tried chrooting, it still does not work.

Posts 14Views 707