• startx command not found

Hello,

I installed “antegros base” and the “lxqt” environment from the command line.

But when I want to launch lxqt from the command line issuing “startx” I get an error message “startx” command not found.

Even if I installed “xorg-twm xorg-xclock and xterm”

I also created the “.xinirc” file with “exec startlxqt”

Anybody has any idea what could be the problem?

Thanks

• pacman -S xorg-xinit

• @psscnp142 said in startx command not found:

pacman -S xorg-xinit

I installed that file and I get this error:

line 2: /usr/bin/X /etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc: line 2: /usr/bin/X: No such file or directory
    xinit: Unable to connect to Xserver: Connection refused

• Well, you installed antergos-base which is fine. But, keep in mind, antergos in this case does not make it easier than Arch installation for DE installation. So, I suggest you follow arch linux beginner guidelines, X configuration and lxqt documentation.

You can also get pkgfile tool to find out which packages you need to install.

sudo pacman -S pkgfile
    sudo pkgfile --update

Then, X executable is missing as you see from the error you posted. So, you can search for it (an example in my system):

[[email protected] ~]$ pkgfile X
    extra/xorg-server
    community/lbreakout2

So, you need to install xorg-server package.

Actually, it would be easier if you install openbox version. Then, install lxqt on top of it.

• @psscnp142 said in startx command not found:

Well, you installed antergos-base which is fine. But, keep in mind, antergos in this case does not make it easier than Arch installation for DE installation. So, I suggest you follow arch linux beginner guidelines, X configuration and lxqt documentation.

You can also get pkgfile tool to find out which packages you need to install.

sudo pacman -S pkgfile
    sudo pkgfile --update

Then, X executable is missing as you see from the error you posted. So, you can search for it (an example in my system):

[[email protected] ~]$ pkgfile X
    extra/xorg-server
    community/lbreakout2

So, you need to install xorg-server package.

Actually, it would be easier if you install openbox version. Then, install lxqt on top of it.

Thanks a lot.

Now, it works. “xorg-server” was missing.

The next time I will know it.

startx2 Posts 5Views 120