• Let's Vote Antergos - Again!

I just found a new poll with Antergos on it! Here’s the link:
    Link to site

• 0_1499165154008_distrowatch.png
    Hard to believe we’ve over taken Ubuntu!

However, it’s a little disconcerting how every single Linux distro is shown to be decreasing in popularity (or page hits).

• @Keegan im still not sure the accuracy of distrowatch but Ubuntu had been tanking since it took on Unity but overall still very popular im sure with all the flavors. i think with Ubuntu heading back to Gnome they will start getting back on top the game again. they always did good at improving but creating not so much.

• @megaman said in Let's Vote Antergos - Again!:

i think with Ubuntu heading back to Gnome they will start getting back on top the game again.

You’re probably right. I just wish there was a good rolling distro for those that have never used Linux before. Antergos is great, but it still is based on Arch, which definitely is more likely to require a user to get their hands a little more dirty than Ubuntu does. Feren OS might end up fulfilling this, but with Antergos being such a great distro and all, I kind of wish it could be the one to fill that gap.

What are you thoughts on this, @megaman?

• @Keegan i dont think you need to get very dirty using Antergos. its not super newbie friendly but its close. just got to remember to keep it updated.

i think really new Linux users always be better off with a ubuntu based system and there are lots to choose from.

if you have a little linux experience i would always suggest Antergos to someone. Arch has gotten this Reputation for being unstable for years but i found that to be totally false. ive seen Ubuntu system fail much more. Arch is solid!

the reason i started using Antergos is my Manjaro setup kept failing over and over.

• @megaman said in Let's Vote Antergos - Again!:

if you have a little linux experience i would always suggest Antergos to someone.

I agree! I just wish new users could get started on a rolling distro because sometimes it can be difficult to make the switch after settling into a good system such as an Ubuntu one.

• This post is deleted!
  • @Velkerk
    I’m not so sure of the accuracy of distrowatch either. mint has been at the top for years. surely someone could spam different IP’s to up the count?

• Easy to do with Tor!

• @gav said in Let's Vote Antergos - Again!:

@Velkerk
    mint has been at the top for years.

Mint is a Brand, it has a nice look.

• @megaman It look’s like The Distrowatch ranking is simple about clicks to the page from a certain distro, or am i wrong? If that’s right then it’s incorrect ranking.
    But anyway good to see Antergos at the top! You guy’s own it! ;-)

• @megaman
    Yes, we have to keep updating, like brushing our teeths! ;)
    That’s still my problem; i am not used to update like that, when the update notification pops up, i click it automatic away. That plus dual boot MacOs break my system again and again.
    Maybe an Antergos IOT toothbrush that updates my computer while brushing? ;-)

• Mint is more like a religion than a Distro. And they practice, and are not just “followers” :)
    That said… we all tend a bit to think what’s good for us is good for all. That’s not right, of course…
    Let’s see what specialized people, old champ Linuxers say, when they have a reason (that’s not by special requests) to do, publish a review.
    Is not everyday that the Linux Foundation do that :)

https://www.linux.com/learn/intro-to-linux/2017/6/antergos-user-friendly-desktop-fueled-power-arch

again5 vote3 Posts 15Views 1836
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.