• Geary Password - KDE

Hey,

I have gotten a new system and have gone with KDE.

I still prefer Geary for email but am now having an issue with passwords. Everytime I close it or reboot the machine it’s asking me for my password, once I enter it I then need to enter a keyring password.

How do I disable the keyring for Geary and also why does it keep asking for my email password. It did not ask me when I was running Cinnamon. It should ask me once during setup and remember it for good?

• Cinnamon is using gnome keyring, KDE has KDE Wallet for it.
    May you need to use gnome-keyring to get this working or take a look into k-wallet

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3-wm#gnome-shell

• That is the issue.

It asks for the keyring, I create one…and it still does not remember my password.

I also can’t seem to find the actual keyring application to edit it or anything. It’s installed though.

• kwalletmanager

https://www.kde.org/applications/system/kwalletmanager/

howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3-wm#gnome-shell

• Geary is GTK and used the gnome-keyring.

I have the kwallet installed by default but does not work with Geary.

Again it is keyring, it just does not seem to be remembering the actual password

• i do a little search and i can see geary directly depending on gnome-keyring… so may not calling to kwallet…
    So what you need is maybe seahorse installed to get a tool to handle the key for geary.

howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3-wm#gnome-shell

• So that kind of works.

Seahorse allows me to unlock the keyring which in term makes Geary work normal when I open it.

The issue is after a reboot or anything like that I would have to manually open Seahorse and unlock the keyring. Which isn’t what I want. I simply don’t want the stupid keyring, and geary to just remember the password for my email.

• you can set login password to empty, then it do not ask (inside seashorse)

howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3-wm#gnome-shell

• Thanks, that worked.

I also now remember I had a previous post about this and Chrome. I forgot about that, or thought it worked differently but I guess not.

Changed it to blank and all is well. Thanks dude

kde105 geary1 password22 Posts 9Views 285