• black screen when i lock the session

Hi everyone,
    A greeting to the community first.

I’m writing for a problem with antergos linux.
    I’m a ex ubuntu user and I decided to venture with antergos for the first time.
    I find myself very well and found less problems installing nvidia graphics drivers than I had with ubuntu.
    Said this, I am facing a problem.

I use gnome shell as de and when I go to press the button to lock the screen it becomes black and only a flashing cursor remains.
    You can not move the mouse or execute any keyboard command, the only option is resetting the machine.

Use as a graphics card an nvidia geforce 9600gt with version 340.102 driver installed during antergos setup.
    I still do not know the commands, so if you need more information, logs, etc. Ask yourself so you can provide what you need.

thank you all

• Welcome!

If you are using an Nvidia card, you might want to try this by @joekamprad. It is a specialized ISO for Nvidia cards🙂.

Hopefully this helps!

• But I have to format. Can’t there be another way? Tnx for your support.

• @abranca said in black screen when i lock the session:

But I have to format.

Sorry, I don’t think I quite understand. What do you mean?

• I have already installed antergos on the machine and during setup I have chosen to install nvidia drivers. The board is recognized correctly but I have this lock screen problem. I think it’s a driver problem but I’m not sure so I ask for help to you.

Sorry for my bad english.

Sorry for my bad english.

hehehe…don’t worry about it! I personally sound terrible when typing in Spanish😄.

However, I don’t think I can actually help you any further😞. I have never used a Nvidia card in my life, but perhaps @joekamprad could help you? He’s the one that created the Nvidia ISO, so I would assume he would probably know how to help you.

I wish I could help!

• I do not see a problem with the nvidia driver here, looks more like something related to this:

https://forum.antergos.com/topic/7136/lightdm-lightlocker-under-gnome-research-for-a-working-solution

• tnx for your reply.
    i have download antergos nvidia iso for my notebook.

for my desktop i read the link posted by jokeamprad.

• How’d it go? Is everything working fine now?

• @Keegan Thanks for interest. I have not read the link yet, I will do it in the afternoon

I have not read the link yet, I will do it in the afternoon

OK! Hope to here from you soon😀

• By the way, your English is excellent🙂. It really does sound like you are a native speaker!

• solved my problem following the other topic.
    tnx to all guys

• Glad to hear it’s solved!

• tnx for your support! ;)

• Just glad I could help🙂.

black71 lock30 session21 Posts 16Views 1838
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.