• Black screen on UEFI installation

@Otakami said in Black screen on UEFI installation:

Ubuntu is great and all but I kind of question the “newbie friendly” claim.

Same here. Everyone says that Linux Mint is so “user-friendly”, but I found it way more confusing than Antergos! (An Arch based distro which everyone says is NOT user-friendly. Guess I’ll have to disagree with them😄).

My experience wasn’t bad because I still fell in love with linux regardless but it wasn’t what I expected at the same time.

Again, same here. Mint wasn’t that great in my opinion, but it got me into the Linux world.

What I fear from antergos or arch-linux is stability.

Same here actually. I haven’t been using Antergos for long enough to really know how stable it is, but so far it seems pretty good. I suppose that is why so many people use Manjaro. I seriously considered it for awhile, but I really disliked how many programs they install by default, many of which I don’t even like that much! Thus, I went with Antergos, on which I could install the programs I wanted, rather than uninstalling those I don’t.

Who doesn’t want to embrace the FOSS and secure mentality in an operating system too?

That is probably my main reason for using Linux actually😄.

• @Otakami said in Black screen on UEFI installation:

I was actually typing my story before you even asked

hehehe…

• @Keegan said in Black screen on UEFI installation:

What I fear from antergos or arch-linux is stability.

Hey again! I just remembered that there is a package in the AUR called “downgrade”. This can reverse the effects of upgrading an application, and thus making it stable again. Here’s an article describing how to use it🙂. Due to Antergos’ awesomeness, only the steps after “Sample Output” are necessary.

Hope this helps!

there is a package in the AUR called “downgrade”. This can reverse the effects of upgrading an application, and thus making it stable again. Here’s an article describing how to use it

This topic will help me with many things for a long time. Thank you once again!

• Just glad to help!

• That really was a lot to throw at you so suddenly…

That really was a lot to throw at you so suddenly…

Heck no! It’s not like I have to memorize all of them anyway. You saved a lot of my time. It’s awesome =)

• @Otakami said in Black screen on UEFI installation:

You saved a lot of my time. It’s awesome

Thank you so much🙂.

installation322 black83 uefi43 Posts 48Views 6136
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.