• CNCHI Needs to run reflector first before install

Just something I’ve discovered during install from Australia at least. The repos aren’t sorted by speed of download before CNCHI starts downloading packages. Our internet speeds down here aren’t fantastic so every little bit of tweaking counts.

Anyone else found this to be an issue?

I’ve found that Antergos installations fail due to low to no internet bandwidth, however if I run reflector in bash first:

sudo reflector --verbose --country 'your country' -l 20 -p http --sort rate --save /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

Then it installs much faster as the closest sources are being tried first.

So perhaps after the country location is chosen reflector could run on these parameters before the install begins?

Other then that it’s an awesome way to get the sleekest linux distro without the pain of wiki wasting a day away.

• Just something I’ve discovered during install from Australia at least. The repos aren’t sorted by speed of download before CNCHI starts downloading packages. Our internet speeds down here aren’t fantastic so every little bit of tweaking counts.

Anyone else found this to be an issue?

I’ve found that Antergos installations fail due to low to no internet bandwidth, however if I run reflector in bash first:

sudo reflector --verbose --country 'your country' -l 20 -p http --sort rate --save /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

Then it installs much faster as the closest sources are being tried first.

So perhaps after the country location is chosen reflector could run on these parameters before the install begins?

Other then that it’s an awesome way to get the sleekest linux distro without the pain of wiki wasting a day away.

• Actually Cnchi already uses reflector and sorts by both speed and latest packages. I’m not sure what caused your slow downloads.

Cheers!

• Cool that’s good to know

I think I was using a copy of Antergos I’d burnt several months ago.

Cheers

Octatron

• You should have run the testing script from the Cnchi Bug Hunters thread! It is now included on our iso so no more downloading. Just Alt + F2 + cnchi-dev + enter

Cheers!

• @“lots.0.logs”:p4e6k1gb said:

You should have run the testing script from the Cnchi Bug Hunters thread! It is now included on our iso so no more downloading. Just Alt + F2 + cnchi-dev + enter

Cheers![/quote:p4e6k1gb]

Speaking of the iso… what happened to the nightly build from the 11th? Or even just the x64 version from the week before?

Posts 7Views 2104