• Antergos Software Center

@psscnp142 said in Antergos Software Center:

All you have to do install these files in the $pkgdir/usr/bin directory in the ‘build’ function of your PKGBUILD.

I’m part-way there in my PKGBUILD😀, but I don’t understand how to stick my modifications in.

Thanks!

• Just a quick question…

How can I change the values in dconf? Not change a value from “true” to “false”, but actually edit the value itself and what it is supposed to do?

Thanks!

• In other words, how can I create my own keyfile? I looked at these instructions, but I do NOT have any dconf folder in /etc. Has it been moved? Where can I access the current keyfiles? I’m just looking to edit one of them to change what it can do.

Thanks!

• “dconf is a low-level configuration system and settings management. Its main purpose is to provide a back end to GSettings on platforms that don’t already have configuration storage systems. It depends on GLib. It is part of GNOME 3 and is a replacement for GConf.”

First, you need to understand what dconf does. It acts like a database for the system wide conf settings and shares those with other gnome software. In othet words, dconf does not manage the action depending on the configuration. Instead, software grabs that system variable and decides what to do.

In short, if you want gnome-software to behave different given the options in dconf, you need edit the gnome-software source code.

• Thank you so much, @psscnp142😀. Turns out the schema files were in Glib under /usr/share/glib. However, I have one more question. I noticed the keyfiles said “type=b” or “type=s” or some other type. What do these “types” mean? I can’t find anything regarding this.

Thanks again!

• Thanks for the link @karasu !!!

I’ll take a look at it right away😀.

• I’m still a little lost I think. For a better understanding of my situation and goal, this is what I’m thinking:

In Gnome-Software, the updating system is the main issue. Thus it was evident I should disable it. However, then it occurred to me that it might be an even better idea to utilize the code already in place there. So I thought, what if I altered the update function to simply open Pamac when pressed? (This will make more sense if you read this thread).That way, the two software centers would be mildly connected, making it easier for Linux newbies on Deepin to find the software they need in a more user-friendly way. Then, they need only use Pamac when they can’t find an application in Gnome-Software, giving them an easier transition period into the Linux world. It would put up the illusion of only using one Software Center, instead of them having to think about which Software Center would most likely have what they are looking for. Even though they would have to press a button to open Pamac, at least it would be sitting right there in front of them without them having to scramble around looking for it on their system.

I already found all of the keys needed to disable the automatic process of the gnome-update-service, but found that if I left the key “allow-updates” set to “true”, then the UPDATES tab became visible once again, without actually activating the update service. So I am thinking that if I simply alter the key so that it will execute the command pamac-manager instead, then my mission will be accomplished. (at least until I figure out how to actually complete my original goal)

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!

• NOTE: I can edit the gnome-software code (from my fork of it) on Github if necessary.

system143 pacman122 install84 center7 Posts 49Views 8707
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.