• Forum VS Wiki accounts

Hi dear reader,

I just come to live a weird situation on a wiki page. I wanted to comment on the Wiki article, so I logged-in using my forum user account thanks to SSO. I discovered that the Wiki and the Forum use two different databases to manage their users and they didn’t provide the same features.

25 days ago, when I created my Forum account, I decided to use ShorTLiFe as username because it’s my gamer tag name and it always come in mind first when I create a new account somewhere. 5 minutes later, I was telling my self “Yeah, ShorTLiFe for a forum like this one don’t seems to be the best idea I had today”. ShorTliFe is appropriate for gaming user name, but it’s not appropriate for a forum like this one. This is why I changed from ShorTLiFe to iSpeakVeryWell. I saw the feature “Change Username” and I used it to do so. Then, I became iSpeakVeryWell and no trace of ShorTLiFe was visible, I was quite happy!

Now, 1 hour ago, I logged-in the Wiki with my iSpeakVeryWell account to comment on an article and saw “Logged-in as ShorTLiFe”. On the forum, my account is iSpeakVeryWell and I can change it as I wish, but on the Wiki, my account is ShorTLiFe and I can’t change it at all.

I don’t like the fact that I’m to different user right now. I want to be iSpeakVeryWell everywhere even if I don’t speak very well! :p

Do I have a way to change my username in the Wiki to make it match the Forum one? I feel the answer to be No. If No, can someone with Admin right change my Wiki username from ShorTLiFe to iSpeakVeryWell? I feel the answer to still be No! haha! :p

Thank you for you help! I would like to be iSpeakVeryWell everywhere in the Antergos community!

• Thank you Joe!

• @iSpeakVeryWell said in Forum VS Wiki accounts:

even if I don’t speak very well!

It seems to me that you do indeed speak very well. I have never noticed anything obnoxiously out of place or an obvious grammatical inaccuracy in your posts in the past at all. I mean, if your level of speech is to be considered “not very well”, then poor @joekamprad had better join your club! (No offense meant to anyone, I myself sound TERRIBLE when trying to answer a question in Spanish).

That said, your user name does always make me smile when I see it🙂.

• On a more serious note though, I recently changed my username also (from A-User to Keegan) and since I see that @lots-0-logs is involved on this post, I was wondering if he or some other @developers could change my username to Keegan on the Wiki.

Thank you so much!

Yeah, ShorTLiFe for a forum like this one don’t seems to be the best idea I had today

Funny! I have thought the same thing also right after setting up an account or two in the past!

• For any @developers out there, it would be nice if we could change our own account details on the Wiki rather than have to ask a developer to do it for us. (Or the user profiles could just be linked, meaning they carry over from the Forum to the Wiki).

Just a suggestion!
    Thanks again.

to comment on an article

Just curious, but what article were you looking at, @iSpeakVeryWell?

Wow,that sounded like I was stalking you (or some other creepy thing). I was only wondering because I would probably be interested in reading it also.

• Thanks! I literally saw your comment there a second ago after stumbling across it myself!

• @lots.0.logs said in Forum VS Wiki accounts:

Done 🙂

Thank you @lots-0-logs! You gonna say that I’m very picky, but you set it with an uppercase i instead of a lowercase one! ISpeakVeryWell -> iSpeakVeryWell. But, you can let it be that way, I can live with it! :p

Also, URL still shortlife -> https://antergos.com/wiki/profile/shortlife/ while forum URL is ispeakverywell -> https://forum.antergos.com/user/ispeakverywell

And profile Username still shortlife.
    shortlife Username

I’m just too picky! XD Sorry

• Like I said earlier,

For any @developers out there, it would be nice if we could change our own account details on the Wiki rather than have to ask a developer to do it for us. (Or the user profiles could just be linked, meaning they carry over from the Forum to the Wiki).
    Just a suggestion!
    Thanks again.

• @Keegan Indeed, that’s a good idea! But it feel like more job. I don’t know if it is a priority right now. But yeah, it would be a great nice to have!

• Can a @developers check if my Wiki profile is read only please? My change never get saved. Thank you and sorry to use so much of your time, that must be annoying! :(

But it feel like more job. I don’t know if it is a priority right now.

You’re right. It certainly wouldn’t be on their priority list. I just wanted to put the suggestion out there.

• @Keegan said in Forum VS Wiki accounts:

@iSpeakVeryWell said in Forum VS Wiki accounts:

even if I don’t speak very well!

It seems to me that you do indeed speak very well. I have never noticed anything obnoxiously out of place or an obvious grammatical inaccuracy in your posts in the past at all. I mean, if your level of speech is to be considered “not very well”, then poor @joekamprad had better join your club! (No offense meant to anyone, I myself sound TERRIBLE when trying to answer a question in Spanish).

That said, your user name does always make me smile when I see it🙂.

haha! :p Maybe I write “very” well (personally I prefer to say averrage! :p ) but I certainly don’t speak very well! If you could hear how I sound when I speak, you would laugh for at least half an hour! haha! :P

Let’s say I take very long to write my post to make sure they are wrote the best I can.

Let’s say I take very long to write my post to make sure they are wrote the best I can.

Apparently it pays off, because your posts sound pretty good!

• Yay!!! I just realized from looking at your previous post that the emoji’s are working again!

• Thank you so much who ever went to the effort of adding the “Edit Profile” options in the Wiki :).

I really appreciate it!

wiki17 accounts3 Posts 25Views 2786
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.