When unmounting drives, I noticed it made Thunar hang for 30 seconds.

In system logs (journalctl -e) I see this everytime it happens:

plasma_waitforname[6204]: org.kde.knotifications: WaitForName: Service was not registered within timeout
dbus-daemon[5555]: Activated service 'org.freedesktop.Notifications' failed: Process org.freedesktop.Notifications exited with status 1

When I try to use notify-send, it doesn’t work and time-out after 30 seconds.
When using xfce4-notifyd-config, and try to test the notification, it hangs and also end up timing-out with a pop-up error message:
Error calling StartServiceByName for org.freedesktop.Notifications: Timeout was reached

I can’t find any systemd service related to notifyd. Was there one before? Am I supposed to have one running?
I have both KDE Plasma and Xfce4 installed, but I’m actually using i3 window manager, with mostly xfce settings via xfsettingsd.
I do usually use notify-send though, but I also noticed it stopped working a few weeks (even months?) ago, most likely due to that.
Any idea on how to troubleshoot this?

Edit: Possibly solved. Apparently, I need to have xfce4-nofityd running? Otherwise Thunar hangs? I am baffled. This kind of things makes me mad at Thunar. I feel like submitting a bug report for that one. Thoughts?
I added this to my i3 config so that it runs on startup:
/usr/lib/xfce4/notifyd/xfce4-notifyd
Notifications now work too at least. Weird.