• Proposal: Kepp a 'latest working' testing image

Hi,

With all that has happened these days with the testing images, and seeing that at the download page there’s only testing images I think that we should take a bit more of care with the removal of past versions.

In the IRC there has been a proposal for keeping the images for two weeks, I think that we should at least keep an ‘image that is known that works’, so we will always have at least two images for every architecture.

So, if the new image doesn’t work, we always have other to use.

Any thoughts on this?

"When you stare into the abyss the abyss stares back at you." (Friedrich Nietzsche)

• Hi,

With all that has happened these days with the testing images, and seeing that at the download page there’s only testing images I think that we should take a bit more of care with the removal of past versions.

In the IRC there has been a proposal for keeping the images for two weeks, I think that we should at least keep an ‘image that is known that works’, so we will always have at least two images for every architecture.

So, if the new image doesn’t work, we always have other to use.

Any thoughts on this?

"When you stare into the abyss the abyss stares back at you." (Friedrich Nietzsche)

• As some who was affected by this I whole heartedly agree that this should be made common practice.

• Hi,

I apologize for the inconvenience caused by the build failure last Sunday. The other devs and I have discussed the problem and decided how best to prevent it in the future. Going forward the ISO will have a consistent release schedule that is separate from Cnchi. It will most likely be bi-monthly. We feel this is something that we needed to do anyway so it’s just an extra bonus that it also addresses the problem experienced over the weekend

Best Regards,

• Nice to hear that. Thanks!

• Thanks guys!

• So, just wanted to see what’s up with the 64-bit iso.

• I hope it gets sorted out soon. How can we help if there are no images to test?

[img:1pt1tebw]http://i59.tinypic.com/33e3r08.png[/img:1pt1tebw]
    [b:1pt1tebw]Don't forget to mark your thread as [SOLVED] [/b:1pt1tebw]

Posts 8Views 1641