• Evolution won't start from Xwayland on Gnome-shell 3.24.2

So, yesterday, I downloaded the newest Antergos ‘minimal’ iso, and did a clean install of Antergos Gnome-Shell.

I decided to switch from X.org to XWayland at login using gdm. I have Evolution in ~/.config/autostart. But it didn’t start. Curious. I went to a terminal and grepped ps for it and there is was with a process id. Yet it is not in background ‘jobs’. I kill the process and try to launch Evolution again. Still nothing and the same symptom. A process id shows for it.

I guess the first question should be, is Evolution Wayland compliant?
    I googled to see if I could find anything but nope.

Is anyone else having this issue? Is anyone running Evolution in the Wayland environment?

Thoughts? – Dietrich

• i am using wayland.
    I don’t use evolution (i always have issues with gmail) but i run it to see if it works.
    it works fine to me…

• @czam
    I was hoping someone would know of an issue with it. Hokay.
    I guess it would mean I have to compile it from source with debug enabled and then run it with gdb to see what’s going on…

I’ll wait to collect more answers here – thanks for your feedback and test.
    Regards, Dietrich

• Can you launch it from a terminal and see if their any error messages ?

I make things work…
    My humble wiki: https://anotherlinux.com/

• There were no errors from a Terminal. Oddly. And none in journalctl.
    I completely removed evolution and evolution-data-server and reinstalled evolution from the Xwayland environment.

It’s working now. Thanks.

• @dtschmitz , nice! Will you mark the topic as SOLVED , then?
    Thanks

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

xwayland1 3.24.21 evolution5 gnome-shell10 Posts 6Views 258