• Mkarchiso and recreating tweaked iso

Hellos everyone

I’d like to tweak Antergos a bit (changing some defaults, like keyboard layout, timeout on boot, programs installed by default, graphics driver, etc. as well as keeping it up-to-date without the need for excessively re-downloading packages all the time (–cachedir, of course, but still)) and so I looked over the scripts.

Changing the bootloader is easy enough (yay isolinux

The mkarchiso script looks like it allows to install packages into a chrooted arch linux as well as creating squashfs and the antergos iso image.
    If my understanding is correct, I could install Antergos to a HDD, and use the script to tweak it.
    Adding or removing this and that program, changing some confs, etc. then burn it back to disc.
    Am I missing anything ? It sounds a bit too simple…

• Hellos everyone

I’d like to tweak Antergos a bit (changing some defaults, like keyboard layout, timeout on boot, programs installed by default, graphics driver, etc. as well as keeping it up-to-date without the need for excessively re-downloading packages all the time (–cachedir, of course, but still)) and so I looked over the scripts.

Changing the bootloader is easy enough (yay isolinux

The mkarchiso script looks like it allows to install packages into a chrooted arch linux as well as creating squashfs and the antergos iso image.
    If my understanding is correct, I could install Antergos to a HDD, and use the script to tweak it.
    Adding or removing this and that program, changing some confs, etc. then burn it back to disc.
    Am I missing anything ? It sounds a bit too simple…

• I don’t know if I understood you well.

If you want to make your own Antergos iso, download antergos-iso from our github account, and then yeah you just have to change which packages do you want to be installed in the iso (editing packages.x86_64 for example) and in the build script you have some other configurations.

You can also put some other config files directly in the root-image directory.

Finally execute the build script like this and you’re done:

sudo ./build.sh -v build

If you want a 32 bit ISO generated with a 64bit PC

linux32 sudo ./build.sh -v build

NOTE: Don’t forget to install all the dependencies antergos-iso requires

• thanks for your fast reply

yes, recreating the iso is my intent.
    I understand your reply that I just need to configure the “packages.(architecture)” and conf files and then the build script takes care of everything else.

how cool is that

thanks a bunch

• I’m trying the same but get this error then it stops, any ideas?

amixer: Unable to find simple control ‘Master’,0

• at blisbell: sounds like an issue with ALSA. It’s either your soundcard wasn’t detected or the default device doesn’t have a “Master” control (e.g. a web-cam, microphone, …).

Posts 6Views 1193