• GNOME - Right top corner shutdown/sleep icons disappear

i would like to understand something! (Because i have this problem too!)
    Is that a bug that will fix in the feature or we have to do all these steps to solve it?

• @just , respecting your knowledge, just out of curiosity…
    gnome-shell-extensions is definately due to the Antergos setup. My question is: In Antergos KDE there s the antergos-kde-setup package which once uninstalled makes the removal of anything pre-selected by the Antergos devs an easy task (no such dependencies issues, I mean).
    I know that there isn t an equivalent to antergos-kde-setup for Gnome. But isn t there some easy way to get rid of things you dont want to have?

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 18.04 64bit Gnome
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• @just

Thanks!

I originally tried only the -R argument for pacman. And I got this message.

[...~]$ sudo pacman -R gnome-shell-extensions

checking dependencies...
    error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
    :: gnome-shell-extension-status-menu-buttons: removing gnome-shell-extensions breaks dependency 'gnome-shell-extensions'

It seems that the option to remove unneeded dependencies was required.

And regarding the dependency on gnome-shell, I looked for information on gnome-shell-extensions and I get the following. Notice the “Depends On” field, which says “gnome-shell”

pacman -Q -i gnome-shell-extensions
    Name            : gnome-shell-extensions
    Version         : 3.24.2-1
    Description     : Extensions for GNOME shell, including classic mode
    Architecture    : any
    URL             : https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GnomeShell/Extensions
    Licenses        : GPL
    Groups          : gnome
    Provides        : None
    Depends On      : gnome-shell
    Optional Deps   : nautilus: gnome-classic session [installed]
    Required By     : gnome-shell-extension-status-menu-buttons
    Optional For    : None
    Conflicts With  : None
    Replaces        : None
    Installed Size  : 983.00 KiB
    Packager        : Jan Alexander Steffens (heftig) <[email protected]>
    Build Date      : Thu 11 May 2017 11:19:33 AM PDT
    Install Date    : Sun 14 May 2017 08:29:36 PM PDT
    Install Reason  : Explicitly installed
    Install Script  : No
    Validated By    : SHA-256 Sum

I’m a little confused about what package comes pre-installed on Antergos and which one is being suggested to be installed manually after removing the default one. The new package from the gnome shell extensions website seems to be an AUR package, and needs to be installed through yaourt. Is my understanding correct?

• Just realized that there is a “Required by” field in the information, and after first removing “gnome-shell-extension-status-menu-buttons”, then I’m able to remove “gnome-shell-extensions” without any issues.

• @czam said in GNOME - Right top corner shutdown/sleep icons disappear:

i would like to understand something! (Because i have this problem too!)
    Is that a bug that will fix in the feature or we have to do all these steps to solve it?

My Gnome3 knowledge is limited. I don’t like it, and can’t use it for more than 10 minutes a day. Then I start to actively hate it.

I can only say that the disappearing status buttons phenomenon, with preinstalled extensions, exists in Antergos for at least 3 years. It is not fixed yet.

Back to gnome-shell-extensions package. Looking at the official Arch Packages page now, I see that it doesn’t listed among 31 gnome-shell dependencies.

On the other hand. gnome-shell-extensions does depend on, requires the presence of gnome-shell - if you want to install gnome-shell-extensions, you must also install gnome-shell. And, importantly, not vice versa - if you want to install gnome-shell, you don not need to install gnome-shell-extensions.

Cascading gnome-shell-extensions removal - with Rcnsu - wants to remove all packages that gnome-shell-extensions depends on. Including gnome-shell - which is wrong.

Not cascading gnome-shell-extensions removal - with Rnsu and without -c - doesn’t remove other packages that gnome-shell-extensions depends on. Keeping gnome-shell intact - which is right.

Cheers

• @anarch said in GNOME - Right top corner shutdown/sleep icons disappear:

…In Antergos KDE there s the antergos-kde-setup package which once uninstalled makes the removal of anything pre-selected by the Antergos devs an easy task (no such dependencies issues, I mean).

Yes, you’re absolutely right. I think that antergos-kde-setup is like an Arch’s package group, or maybe even a meta-package.

…I know that there isn t an equivalent to antergos-kde-setup for Gnome. But isn t there some easy way to get rid of things you dont want to have?

I was curious about it for a long time. Removing unwanted Antergos personalizations is a bit boring, though quick, process. I didn’t find anything similar to antergos-kde-setup in Gtk-based Antergos DEs. So every time a new Antergos instance is installed, I remove its personaliztions by hand, one by one:

• Numix icon themes
    • Numix Gtk themes
    • Gsetings .override files
    • antergos-kde-setup
  • @just , Ok, thanks!

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 18.04 64bit Gnome
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

gnome317 top13 corner3 shutdownsleep1 Posts 27Views 5419
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.