• How to display system info in terminal.

@judd said in How to display system info in terminal.:

21 hours on and working, that’s called using a computer

hehehe…
    I had to leave it on overnight as something was running in the terminal. Thus, it counted that time as “uptime” while I was sleeping😄.

• In addition, I have not shut down for several days due to an ongoing project🙂

• @A-User said in How to display system info in terminal.:

I had to leave it on overnight as something was running in the terminal

👽 ;)

• An .iso was being created (a fork of Antergos) and the last command took several hours… As I executed the command before going to bed last night, I had to leave it up and running so it could complete the .iso build.

• If you are curious about the new .iso that is in progress, more information is here.

An .iso was being created (a fork of Antergos) and the last command took several hours… As I executed the command before going to bed last night, I had to leave it up and running so it could complete the .iso build.

I imagined yes, that’s why the joke xd) ;)

• @judd said in How to display system info in terminal.:

I imagined yes, that’s why the joke xd)

Sorry🙂. I didn’t quite understand where you were going with your comment earlier.

• @judd said in How to display system info in terminal.:

@A-User

0_1497267945640_la vas a quemar.png

21 hours on and working, that’s called using a computer :)

good eyes @judd ;)

Hi there!
    Simply install "Neofetch’ from Pamac.🙂

If you want it to be displayed every time you open the terminal, simply add the line “neofetch” to the end of the ./bashrc file in Home. It should look something like this:

~/.bashrc

If not running interactively, don’t do anything
    [[ $- != i ]] && return

alias ls=‘ls --color=auto’
    PS1=’[\[email protected]\h \W]$ ’
    BEGIN ADDED BY CNCHI INSTALLER
    BROWSER=/usr/bin/chromium
    EDITOR=/usr/bin/nano
    END ADDED BY CNCHI INSTALLER
    neofetch

@A-User ooohh! That’s a neat trick! Thank you! :)

neofetch

• @iSpeakVeryWell said in How to display system info in terminal.:

@A-User ooohh! That’s is a neat trick! Thank you!

Thanks! I’m glad you found it useful🙂.

• @iSpeakVeryWell, I really like your terminal! It’s very colorful😀

@iSpeakVeryWell, I really like your terminal! It’s very colorful😀

I think this is one of the advantages of the dark themes. The colours stand out more while being softer to the eyes.

• That’s true…

I prefer a light and airy theme myself, but even I prefer a dark terminal🙂.

• @catsndogs You can use VLC player to create ascii art. VLC can view pic files and has an option to playback in ascii.

So,

Open VLC > Tools > Preferences > Video Settings > Output > then select “ASCII art video output”

Next

Open VLC > open file > select your picture > press play (should see picture in the viewer) > pause > screenshot > Viola!

That is how I made this one: http://imgur.com/a/mnIT3

🙂

Edit PS: “Screenfetch” is what I was using to retrieve my sys info in terminal (it’s in the repos, screenshot at the above link).

• Can I follow this same procedure to set the default image shown in the terminal when “neofetch” is run?

• @A-User If that question was for me, I’m not sure how to change your terminal picture. I was using it to make wallpapers.

Edit: A little googling:

Use custom picture in Neofetch (video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7vkxp8iNSU

Neofetch Wiki: https://github.com/dylanaraps/neofetch/wiki

Neofetch --options info (scroll down at bit): https://www.cyberciti.biz/howto/neofetch-awesome-system-info-bash-script-for-linux-unix-macos/

• Thank you so much, @blinky🙂.

I didn’t intend to make you go to all of the trouble of finding out how to for me, I was just wondering if you already knew how. But thank you all the same! I reallly appreciate the links you posted😀.

• Thank you @blinky!

This is my new terminal (for now at least).
    0_1497349047593_terminal5.png

NOTE: I have nothing against Antergos, I was just ready for a change when I opened my terminal🙂

• If anyone wishes to change the logo that appears, simply run neofetch --ascii_distro *name-of-distro*. Here’s an example: neofetch --ascii_distro arch.

Then, if you decide you like this change, simply replace the command “neofetch” with your new command in .bashrc😀.

• I just found out (or stumbled upon it actually😄) that if you execute the command neofetch --ascii_distro linux in the terminal, the distro picture is a penguin! Here’s an example:
    0_1497349905187_terminal4.png

system139 terminal46 Posts 54Views 7938
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.