• freeze / slowdowns while copying files to fat32 and exFat

Hey Everyone,

I got a strange problem: when I copy files to my usb-thumb-drive (Fat32), the system freezes partly or becomes very slow/unresponsive.

Does anyone knows the reason for this behavior or knows a solution? I am using latest updates and gnome-shell.

• Anyone with any ideas?

• @a4orce84 Hi!
    I can tell you that copying from hd to USB (vice-versa too) is slow here too, the same for compressing files; but only with big files, consuming processor and ram. Maybe you are doing it with big files too and you have not enough processor or ram to do the job?

• It’s with some video files, so mostly it’s a few gigs (2-4GB) at the most. My use-case is mainly when I am copying from the HD to the USB Flash drive. It will sometimes ‘time out’ and sit there with the copy dialog box there for more than 20 minutes (frozen).

I don’t have any issues in my windows partition when I do the same actions, so it is NOT a hardware issue as far as I can tell.

freeze29 copying1 fat321 slowdons1 Posts 4Views 557
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.