• package 'qt5-styleplugins' in antergos repository must be updated

I use the gnome desktop. If I switch to the gtk2-theme for qt-applications in qt5-settings the program crashs. It seems that there are some incompatibilities in qt versions.
    Solution: I uninstalled the ‘qt5-styleplugins’ package from the antergos repository and installed the AUR-version instead. Now it works again.

• A few days ago, there was a qt5-upgrade in arch repositories. After that, qt applications like cantata did not work anymore. I unintalled qt5-styleplugins from antergos repositories and replaced it with the AUR-version. This fixed the problem. I think the qt5-styleplugins in the antergos repository is out of date and it is not compatible with the qt5ct package from the official arch repositories.

• @achberger.samuel , thanks for reporting.
    @developers ?

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• cantata do not need qt5-styleplugins, i was wondering what for it is used?
    AUR say:
    Required by (2)
    amixst (requires qt5-styleplugins) (optional)
    gtk-theme-e17gtk-git (requires qt5-styleplugins) (optional)

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• I guess for using the gtk theme for qt5 applications. I am not sure. But cantata only didn’t work, when the gtk2 theme in qt5ct was selected.

• Same problem here, i couldnt start virtualbox until i just uninstalled the package (qt5-styleplugins), still working but i lost the theme, better than not starting

• @lots.0.logs packaged this. I’ll warn him about it.

Thanks!

• @Azur said in package 'qt5-styleplugins' in antergos repository must be updated:

qt5-styleplugins

qt5-styleplugins 5.0.0.1r36-1 > updated should work now again!

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• Cool, thanks a lot!

updated5 repository4 Posts 9Views 558