• Lightdm + lightlocker under Gnome research for a working solution

I’m still thinking about it. For now, It’s hard to get started at this time of the year (mid summer). If I decide to start deving a DE from scratch, it will be a little bit later in the year. October or November seems to be a more suitable time for me.

Also, I rally don’t want to give you false hopes guys! The chance I come to develop something good are very light! Plus, it’s going to be a very long process. Even if I start today and work on it every day, I can’t see how I can deliver something nice and reliable inside of a year or two. I have so much to learn! I’m a web developer doing good with high level language. I have no experience with C, C++, Python and I’m still new to linux. I gonna have to learn how to work with Wayland as well. Wayland documentations and tutorial seems impossible to find.

For now, It’s more like a dream than a reality. I can’t promisse anything. Let wait and see 🙂

• Been away for a while and I am really glad to see that more criticism is spread over the Gnome dev s attitude. As to me, you know:the farther away from Gnome and GTK 3 , the better.; I m quite happy with Plasma (so far).
    As a word of advice: To keep yourselves trouble-free avoid any DEs dependent on each GTK 3 upgrades. Cinnarch (pre-Antergos) knows this and I wonder why the Antergos devs got rid of the old problem (Cinnamon unable to stay in tune with Gnome upgrades) replacing it with the present one. -:)
    Some good news. Budgie is adopting QT. Not adopting KDE libraries or plasma, though. Just degnomising. Starting from Budgie 11.
    https://budgie-desktop.org/2017/01/25/kicking-off-budgie-11/

• Budgie appeal me a lot! It just feel a little bit to unripe for my taste, but I can see all the potential! I have great respect for what Solus team are doing.

• @iSpeakVeryWell said in Lightdm + lightlocker under Gnome research for a working solution:

For now, It’s more like a dream than a reality.

Same here actually! I would love to create my own, but I just don’t have the time or knowledge (especially the knowledge🙂) right now. It would be amazing if someone else did though!
    (And no pressure @iSpeakVeryWell. I mean it. I’m not trying to force you to do this in any way, it just sounds like such a fascinating project).

• So BACK-TO-TOPIC ;)

I try the solutions here on several installations, and it works perfect.

As i think this should be the default settings for Antergos-Gnome and it is might be possible to include this settings automatic, i will take a look into this.

But for now i will put a WIKI-Howto up for it.

• Thank you so much for making the Wiki article, @joekamprad! Until now, I never quite figured out who’s solution was the working one😄.

• @joekamprad Thanks a lot! I think it explains the problem and the solution very well. I would simply add something like “If you don’t want this file to get overwritten with the different updates, then:”

sudo chattr +i /etc/xdg/autostart/org.gnome.SettingsDaemon.Power.desktop

“If you want to roll back the changes, then the file can be modified again after typing”

sudo chattr -i /etc/xdg/autostart/org.gnome.SettingsDaemon.Power.desktop

• Yes i was thinking about this problem while i was writing the wikientry…

• @joekamprad I have just edited the article and submitted this addition to the wiki.

• @joekamprad said in Lightdm + lightlocker under Gnome research for a working solution:

https://antergos.com/wiki/desktops/gnome/working-solution-to-use-lightdm-and-lightlocker-under-gnome/

Please have a look and add what you think is needed!
    @iSpeakVeryWell @johnnybegood

Thumbs up! It’s well done! I’m using GDM for now, but next time I install Antergos I will try this trick for sure!

Keep up the good work! 🙂

• Unfortunately this is not solved. Apps such as Caffeine do not work with Lightdm so is not a real solution from what I can tell. When installing the Caffeine gnome shell extension one should be able to disable the screen locker when it is clicked.

• @horga83 open a new thread on your issue plz!

gnome361 lightdm137 lightlocker4 research2 Posts 93Views 25520
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.