• Bored

Just what the title says: I am bored. Don’t get me wrong, I love Antergos. I’ve run every DE available at install and learned how to configure each one. I’ve messed around with grub, conkys, and lightdm. This has really helped me learn, and now I feel like I know my system really well.

I want to be disproven.

I no longer have direction, and find that I really need a project to work on.

Please throw ideas at me!

(I’m also not sure if I posted this in the right category. Please move it if it is incorrect.)

• Hi!

I’ve been thinking for a while that it would be really cool if there were community made spin offs of Cnchi that installed a preferred DE with a personal twist. For example, if one installed Gnome, it’s default configuration would have Docky, a clear top bar, and the Numix-icon-circle theme, which would produce an Elementary OS like feel to Antergos.

I don’t know if this sounds interesting to you or not, but I think that this seems like not only an interesting project to work on, but also a useful one to both the developers and the community:slight_smile:

Keep trying, never give up. In the end, you will find that it was all worth it

• If this sounds interesting to you, then this thread might prove useful to you:slight_smile:. In addition, I believe that one can install Cnchi from pamac in order to edit the applications that it installs.

• @moredoor Maybe it’s time to try a different distro, dual boot, such as Arch Linux, Funtoo, or Crux Linux. These will give you a barebone system and then you add whatever it is you need or want included. I guess you could also install Antergos using the network installation.
    Just a thought!

Tower | Dell Optiplex 760 | Quad Core | 4gb | 250gb | Mageia Cauldron - Debian Testing - SalixOS 14.1
    Tower2 | HP DC-7700 | Core 2 Duo | 2gb | 80gb | Mageia 5 - ArchLinux

• Hi again :)

I don’t know if you still look at this thread or not @moredoor, but if you found my initial suggestion the least bit intriguing, then I suggest you take a look at this thread. I know it’s kind of long, but you will notice that what I had mentioned to you is now happening there (by me, actually).

Hope this helps!

bored2 Posts 5Views 209