• \[SOLVED\] Thanks to the team and question about booting

Hello everybody.

A huge thanks to the folks at Antergos for making and maintaining it. It’s the best live arch distro I’ve seen to date

I found in the source code a line that tests for copytoram == y, it works great.
    I also found cowspace and I take it it’s persitant storage? if yes, is the partition provided by UUID or by /dev/whatever ?

thanks for your effort

• Hello everybody.

A huge thanks to the folks at Antergos for making and maintaining it. It’s the best live arch distro I’ve seen to date

I found in the source code a line that tests for copytoram == y, it works great.
    I also found cowspace and I take it it’s persitant storage? if yes, is the partition provided by UUID or by /dev/whatever ?

thanks for your effort

• I do not believe the live cd is setup for persistent storage. I know that once installed, Antergos runs a customer script at every boot to move /tmp files to ram for better performance. in any case, welcome to Antergos!

• Thanks

tweaking has a higher priority right now but once that’s done i’ll give the persistant storage a try… the copy to ram works flawlessly and from what i get from the script it’s “just” the matter of mounting a ram disk vs a real one (for the home stuff anyways, not expecting more unless a good overlayed fs solution shows up).

• Ah yes in most cases, the less complex solution works better. And Antergos is always ready to [i:7nwn7e42][b:7nwn7e42]K.I.S.S[/b:7nwn7e42][/color:7nwn7e42][/i:7nwn7e42] hehe

Posts 5Views 1077