sorry to bother You all once again but I still have a problem with booting of Antegros. Maybe one of You can think of easy fix for that because at this moment I’m on edge.
Description of problem:
- I had a dual boot Windows 10 and Antergos installed for some time
- I had to install the Windows 10 Creators Update
- After instalation of Creators Update the problem appeared with Grub.
- Tried to solve the things with help from the topic from Newbie Corner
- Updated Antergos
- Antergos does not boot anymore throwing errors
- Reinstalled Antergos completely with formatting the parition /root where antergos was previously installed (used this guide: /how-to-dual-boot-antergos-windows-uefi-expanded-by-linuxhat/)
- Antergos succesfully installed
- Booted to Antergos
- Used commands
grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
- Restarted the computer and everything works. Windows 10 and Antergos are on list
- Booted to Windows 10
- Shutdown the computer
- Turned on computer and beautiful information /boot/grub/x86_64-efi/normal.mod not found
So question for You guys.
What should be my next steps as I see very different approaches for that problem. I’m not an expert in Grub and UEFI and after already messing the first installation I would prefer to not reinstall everything for 3rd time.
This is laptop - Dell XPS 9550
Legacy mode, Secure boot and rest is turned off
I can boot to Antegros when I use commands:
Thanks in advance for any help.
I know Linux is better but I MUST use Windows 10 in work for few application and that’s the reason why I MUST keep that and I would prefer to not reinstall Windows and setup in once again.