• Mirror Issues while installing Antergos as a Dual Boot System

Hi! (Again… Yes, it’s me. The one from the other THREE recent-ish install questions)

Apparently I am that one over enthusiastic Antergos user. (This is my third installment of the system in the last month:smile: and each time I’ve needed some help).

So here I go again.

I thought it would be a fun idea to install the Deepin DE alongside my already configured Gnome desktop. Yes. You can probably already see where this is going. Well, I got it running and everything worked as expected, but the fonts were a bit off and the system couldn’t decide which file manager should be the default one. So after a few days of dealing with an incredibly ugly font, I decided to just go back to Gnome.

This is where the real problem began. In the process of removing Deepin, I accidentally removed some important components for Gnome along with it. When I tried to login the next time, I just got a black screen after logging in. So instead of asking for help from there, I decided to just simply re-install Antergos completely, since I had already clearly documented everything needed to get my system back to the way it was. I thought that I could re-install Antergos and a few programs, and then adjust some settings… and BOOM! I’d have my desktop back to the way it had been in a little over an hour.

So much for my wishful thinking:grinning:. Whenever I attempt to re-install Antergos, I get the following notice around the end of the install process:

"Can’t install necessary packages. Cnchi can’t continue."
    Please reference the following number when reporting this error: 631304.

I already looked this up and found that it is probably a mirror issue based on the simularity of my issue to this issue. (Yes, that is me, trying to help the person. Ironic isn’t it? That I am now lost in the same issue I tried to solve for someone else!:smile:)

I see that they referenced the post by @karasu which addresses how to manually choose your mirrors at installation. However, I had some trouble following it. It started to get confusing around step 3. How do I edit the files? How can I determine which mirror to use and which ones not to? If someone could explain it in a bit more detail, that would be apreciated:slight_smile:

Thank you in advance!
    (Especially to those that made it all the way through my incredibly long post AND survived:smile:)

Keep trying, never give up. In the end, you will find that it was all worth it

• If there is some GUI way to go about this, that would be even better, but I understand if there is not. (Even if it is just doing the same thing in a text editor).

Thanks again:slight_smile:

• @A-User said in Mirror Issues while installing Antergos as a Dual Boot System:

If there is some GUI way to go about this, that would be even better, but I understand if there is not. (Even if it is just doing the same thing in a text editor).

It’s also in our todo list. I wanted to add a new step in Cnchi to be able to select and sort which mirrors do you want to use…

Your error could also mean that a package has been removed from the repositories… by us or by Arch.

Or as you say, a faulty or not fully updated mirror could be the culprit.

Can you check the log? It’s the /tmp/cnchi.log file. Just open it with gedit or whatever you use and copy/paste it to paste2.org (or any similar service), then just put the url here so we can all see it.

Thanks!

• Can do!

Here’s the link to it!

Thank you SO much for your help @karasu, it really does mean a lot to me to have the support and involvement of the developers in the forum:slight_smile:.

• Once this is sorted through, I thought I could maybe edit this article in the wiki, which is also ironically written by me:smile:

• Hi,

I’m afraid there’s a lot missing there… are you sure you have nothing else in that file?

• Hi,

Yes, I’m pretty sure that’s it I’m afraid. My computer which is presenting the issue is currently not available (it will be in a few hours) but I do believe that is it.

The system is still a live one, and not installed yet. Would this alter the contents in the logs and account for the missing items/ lines?

Thank you so much:slight_smile:

• Sadly, I just checked my computer and that is definitely all there is in the logs:slight_frown:.

• @A-User said in Mirror Issues while installing Antergos as a Dual Boot System:

Thank you SO much for your help @karasu, it really does mean a lot to me to have the support and involvement of the developers in the forum.

Speaking of such, if there is ever anything I can do that would help you out (within reason of course), I’d be glad to to:slight_smile:. Considering my coding skills (or lack thereof) I don’t know how useful I would be, but I could certainly do something small like create or edit a wiki article for you (or any other task you don’t have time for).:grinning:

• Hi again!

Talk about the irony!:smile:

I looked at my own wiki article where it said “If This Did Not Work”, and it solved my problem completely! I am now writing this inside another newly installed Antergos system.

How’s that for irony?

Thanks for all of the help and assistance @karasu. You and the other developers are the main reason I don’t switch to something like Manjaro. Everyone is just so helpful and kind here:grinning:.

• @A-User ,heheheh, irony or…carelessness?
    Anyway, you sorted it out. Will you please mark the topic as Solved? On the bottom R-H corner, click on the TOPIC TOOLS to find the option.
    Thanks

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• Oh… sorry about that. I had been under the impression that I had done so, but apparently I had been thinking of another thread.

install75 error165 mirror3 installation185 Posts 12Views 339