• Create a bootable iso of its system to install it on other computer

All is in the title I would like to create an iso of the system to be able to install it in friends with the config set up thanks

• Cool!

I have wondered about how to do the same for a while now…

I hope someone knows, it seems like a useful thing to know how to do😀

• I tried this distribution MX Linux https://mxlinux.org/ or there is the possibility of creating its iso with snapshot could not we adapt this software here?

• I bet if one right licked on the .iso and selected “Extract” and then opened the folder title "Arch’ and then “pkgbuild”, they could add whatever package they wanted to. However, I have not tested this, so I don’t actually know if it would work.

Here’s hoping!

• Thank you so much!

I found the first link especially helpful. I don’t know if I’ll try this as it sounds a bit above my level of expertise, but it definitely gave me some pointers.

I also really liked the idea of multibootusb. I didn’t even know that was possible!

• I believe I found the file that determines what programs are on the live system (turns out it was the above mentioned file) and I made some custom changes to it. However, to do so, I had to extract the .iso file of Antergos. When I went to compress it back into an .iso file, Nautilus only offered the .zip, .tar.xz, and .7z formats.

Is there an easy way / program to install that allows to compress a file into an .iso?

Thanks for the help in advance!

• Just came across this article.

Maybe this will work?

• @A-User said in Create a bootable iso of its system to install it on other computer:

Just came across this article.

Maybe this will work?

I guess not, the article is about creating an .iso file. Not sure how big would be an .iso from the entire system (and i guess .iso don’t use compression) and then it would be more pratical to use “dd command”. An installed system uses something around 5-8GB hd space.

Would be very nice if there was an “skeleton” from Antergos, where you could symple add the programs, config files, but that involve a different method to create livecds from what the developers use already…

• @fernandomaroto said in Create a bootable iso of its system to install it on other computer:

Would be very nice if there was an “skeleton” from Antergos, where you could symple add the programs, config files, but that involve a different method to create livecds from what the developers use already…

That would be great😀

• @A-User said in Create a bootable iso of its system to install it on other computer:

@fernandomaroto said in Create a bootable iso of its system to install it on other computer:

That would be great😀

Also an Antergos with offline installer, it’s in my mental wishes list hehehe

• Since we’re making a list…

In the ideal world, Antergos should have a script that automates the process of converting their .iso on Github into an actual .iso on your computer.

• In addition, Antergos should have more options (toggles to turn on or off that includes / excludes) applications within Cnchi.

• Talk about piling on work for those poor developers😄!

system126 iso79 bootable5 Posts 14Views 1786
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.