• upgrade attempts reporting keyring errors

I’m in the process of moving an Antergos installation from one drive to another (which I’ll have to do again for a different machine in a short while…). Not sure what has caused the problem, but having got things running again, I went to update packages (only 41 pending at the moment). And I’m hitting this error:

rror: antergos-keyring: signature from "Antergos Build Server (Automated Package Build System) <[email protected]>" is unknown trust
    :: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/antergos-keyring-20170524-1-any.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
    Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] y
    error: antergos-mirrorlist: signature from "Antergos Build Server (Automated Package Build System) <[email protected]>" is unknown trust
    :: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/antergos-mirrorlist-20170527-1-any.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
    error: pamac: signature from "Antergos Build Server (Automated Package Build System) <[email protected]>" is unknown trust
    :: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/pamac-4.3.6-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
    error: tilix: signature from "Antergos Build Server (Automated Package Build System) <[email protected]>" is unknown trust
    :: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/tilix-1.5.8-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
    Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] 
    error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package)
    Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

I’m not sure if the error has happened because of a keyring package problem or something in the cloned install.

Anyhow, I need to clear this so I can update the system. Can anyone tell me how to try reloading the Antergos keyring so that I can update?

• @toothandnail

sudo pacman -Scc
    sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys
    sudo pacman -Syyu

See https://forum.antergos.com/topic/6984/error-with-antergos-keyring

I'm not from this planet but if you speak to me nicely I may choose not to enslave you (for now anyway)…

• @robgriff444

Thanks - didn’t see that one in my searching. Worked fine, and the system is up-to-date again.

• This is not working for me. I run all three commands, choosing the default answers. When I run the last command, “sudo pacman -Syyu”, I get the original error messages about corrupt keys.

Thanks.

Tower | Dell Optiplex 760 | Quad Core | 4gb | 250gb | Mageia Cauldron - Debian Testing - SalixOS 14.1
    Tower2 | HP DC-7700 | Core 2 Duo | 2gb | 80gb | Mageia 5 - ArchLinux

• Are you behind a corporate firewall? I heard that can cause the above commands to fail. If so, a solution for this is covered on the wiki and in the post mentioned above:slight_smile:

Keep trying, never give up. In the end, you will find that it was all worth it

(NOTE: This is still @A-User, I just changed my username and picture)

• If you’re asking me, No, not behind a corp firewall. But I keep getting this error message and cannot finish upgrading.$ sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys
    gpg: refreshing 94 keys from hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
    gpg: keyserver refresh failed: No keyserver available
    ==> ERROR: A specified local key could not be updated from a keyserver."
    Any idea how to fix this?

@A-User said in upgrade attempts reporting keyring errors:

Are you behind a corporate firewall? I heard that can cause the above commands to fail. If so, a solution for this is covered on the wiki and in the post mentioned above:slight_smile:

Tower | Dell Optiplex 760 | Quad Core | 4gb | 250gb | Mageia Cauldron - Debian Testing - SalixOS 14.1

• @ghostdawg Just a thought - there was a mirrorlist update a few weeks ago and I took no notice of it, but when this issue came up I tried a few things at the same time and I copied /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist.pacnew to mirrorlist and ran

reflector --age 8 --fastest 128 --latest 64 --number 32 --sort rate --save /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

I’ve no idea if this will help but it may be worth a try… the reflector command is just to sort fastest mirrors, and you may need to install reflector first…

I'm not from this planet but if you speak to me nicely I may choose not to enslave you (for now anyway)…

• @ghostdawg Ordinarily the steps from robgriff444 have worked for me, but something was fiddly on one of my boxes, and, although I’m not sure whether underlying cause was the same, I saw same behaviour as you. Don’t know if this is entirely a recommended solution, but I rm -rfed my ~/.gnupg dir. and then refreshed the keys ⇒ win! I didn’t consider taring up that dir. beforehand, but possibly prudent 0;~}

• @ghostdawg said in upgrade attempts reporting keyring errors:

This is not working for me. I run all three commands, choosing the default answers. When I run the last command, “sudo pacman -Syyu”, I get the original error messages about corrupt keys.

Thanks.

The default to the first question is ‘No’, to clear the cache, opting for ‘Yes’ worked for me.

• Well, not to add to the confusion or anything, but I think the opposite worked for me:smile:

“Yes” for the first one and “No” for the second one. However, I would try @wong’s suggestion first and only try mine if his does not work:slight_smile:

Keep trying, never give up. In the end, you will find that it was all worth it

(NOTE: This is still @A-User, I just changed my username and picture)

• What worked for me editing /etc/pacman.conf with:
    [antergos]
    SigLevel = Never
    Adding SigLevel = Never, in place of the original option. I forgot what it was.

Thanks.

upgrade36 keyring4 attempts2 reporting2 Posts 11Views 798