• High X CPU Usage and big xsession-errors file

Hi. I have a problem with my Antergos setup. Sometimes suddenly my pc becomes laggy and when i look cpu usage with top, i see X is using my CPU %100. And my xsession-errors file becomes bigger and bigger.

My xsession-errors file begining with these errors:

\_IceTransSocketOpenCOTSServer: Unable to open socket for inet6  
    \_IceTransOpen: transport open failed for inet6/baytux:  
    \_IceTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to open listener for inet6  
    Failed to run gnome-keyring-daemon: "gnome-keyring-daemon" Failed to execute child process (No such file or directory)  

\*\* (mate-panel:357): WARNING \*\*: couldn't get background pixmap  

\*\* Message: Initializing gksu extension...  

\*\* (nm-applet:408): CRITICAL \*\*: nm\_secret\_agent\_register: assertion 'priv-\>registered == FALSE' failed  

(mate-panel:357): Gdk-WARNING \*\*: gdk\_xsettings\_watch\_cb(): Couldn't find window to unwatch  

(process:568): GLib-CRITICAL \*\*: g\_slice\_set\_config: assertion 'sys\_page\_size == 0' failed  

and then there is always same errors:
    first one is like this and it’s really long but i write a few:

error: line 7: multiple definitions of an affix flag  
    error: line 11: multiple definitions of an affix flag  
    error: line 15: multiple definitions of an affix flag  
    error: line 19: multiple definitions of an affix flag  
    error: line 23: multiple definitions of an affix flag  
    error: line 27: multiple definitions of an affix flag  
    error: line 31: multiple definitions of an affix flag  
    error: line 35: multiple definitions of an affix flag  
    error: line 39: multiple definitions of an affix flag  
    error: line 43: multiple definitions of an affix flag  

second one (this one is really long):

(pluma:1907): Gtk-CRITICAL \*\*: IA\_\_gtk\_progress\_set\_percentage: assertion 'percentage \>= 0 && percentage <= 1.0' failed  
    (pluma:1907): Gtk-CRITICAL \*\*: IA\_\_gtk\_progress\_set\_percentage: assertion 'percentage \>= 0 && percentage <= 1.0' failed  

and final ( because i backup this and deleted file)

(caja:31657): GLib-GObject-WARNING \*\*: gsignal.c:2580: instance '0x7fdc6800d770' has no handler with id '62166'  

(mate-power-manager:399): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL \*\*: g\_object\_unref: assertion 'G\_IS\_OBJECT (object)' failed  

(mate-panel:357): GLib-CRITICAL \*\*: g\_hash\_table\_remove\_internal: assertion 'hash\_table != NULL' failed  

(mate-panel:357): GLib-GObject-WARNING \*\*: invalid unclassed pointer in cast to 'MatePanelAppletFrameDBus'  

(mate-panel:357): GLib-CRITICAL \*\*: g\_hash\_table\_remove\_internal: assertion 'hash\_table != NULL' failed  

(mate-panel:357): GLib-GObject-WARNING \*\*: invalid unclassed pointer in cast to 'MatePanelAppletFrameDBus'  

Window manager warning: CurrentTime used to choose focus window; focus window may not be correct.  
    Window manager warning: Got a request to focus the no\_focus\_window with a timestamp of 0\. This shouldn't happen!  

\*\* (caja:31657): CRITICAL \*\*: caja\_bookmarks\_window\_save\_geometry: assertion 'CAJA\_IS\_BOOKMARK\_LIST (bookmarks)' failed  

(caja:31657): GLib-GObject-WARNING \*\*: gsignal.c:2580: instance '0x1b987a0' has no handler with id '161'  

(caja:31657): GLib-CRITICAL \*\*: Source ID 166 was not found when attempting to remove it  

(caja:31657): GLib-CRITICAL \*\*: Source ID 167 was not found when attempting to remove it  

(caja:31657): GLib-CRITICAL \*\*: Source ID 168 was not found when attempting to remove it  

(caja:31657): Eel-WARNING \*\*: "unique eel\_ref\_str" hash table still has 7 elements at quit time (keys above)  

(caja:31657): Eel-WARNING \*\*: "caja-directory.c: directories" hash table still has 18 elements at quit time  

somebody on this bug report said it’s about lightdm: [https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lightdm/+bug/1000775][0]">[https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour][1] … ug/1000775

I don’t know if it’s related to x.

And, sorry for my English.

[0]: <a href=
    [1]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour

[b:jfaxn8ae]My Deviantart:[/b:jfaxn8ae] [url:jfaxn8ae]http://taylantatli.deviantart.com[/url:jfaxn8ae]
    [b:jfaxn8ae]My Blog:[/b:jfaxn8ae…

• Hi. I have a problem with my Antergos setup. Sometimes suddenly my pc becomes laggy and when i look cpu usage with top, i see X is using my CPU %100. And my xsession-errors file becomes bigger and bigger.

My xsession-errors file begining with these errors:

\_IceTransSocketOpenCOTSServer: Unable to open socket for inet6  
    \_IceTransOpen: transport open failed for inet6/baytux:  
    \_IceTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to open listener for inet6  
    Failed to run gnome-keyring-daemon: "gnome-keyring-daemon" Failed to execute child process (No such file or directory)  

\*\* (mate-panel:357): WARNING \*\*: couldn't get background pixmap  

\*\* Message: Initializing gksu extension...  

\*\* (nm-applet:408): CRITICAL \*\*: nm\_secret\_agent\_register: assertion 'priv-\>registered == FALSE' failed  

(mate-panel:357): Gdk-WARNING \*\*: gdk\_xsettings\_watch\_cb(): Couldn't find window to unwatch  

(process:568): GLib-CRITICAL \*\*: g\_slice\_set\_config: assertion 'sys\_page\_size == 0' failed  

and then there is always same errors:
    first one is like this and it’s really long but i write a few:

error: line 7: multiple definitions of an affix flag  
    error: line 11: multiple definitions of an affix flag  
    error: line 15: multiple definitions of an affix flag  
    error: line 19: multiple definitions of an affix flag  
    error: line 23: multiple definitions of an affix flag  
    error: line 27: multiple definitions of an affix flag  
    error: line 31: multiple definitions of an affix flag  
    error: line 35: multiple definitions of an affix flag  
    error: line 39: multiple definitions of an affix flag  
    error: line 43: multiple definitions of an affix flag  

second one (this one is really long):

and final ( because i backup this and deleted file)

(caja:31657): GLib-GObject-WARNING \*\*: gsignal.c:2580: instance '0x7fdc6800d770' has no handler with id '62166'  

(mate-power-manager:399): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL \*\*: g\_object\_unref: assertion 'G\_IS\_OBJECT (object)' failed  

Window manager warning: CurrentTime used to choose focus window; focus window may not be correct.  
    Window manager warning: Got a request to focus the no\_focus\_window with a timestamp of 0\. This shouldn't happen!  

\*\* (caja:31657): CRITICAL \*\*: caja\_bookmarks\_window\_save\_geometry: assertion 'CAJA\_IS\_BOOKMARK\_LIST (bookmarks)' failed  

(caja:31657): GLib-GObject-WARNING \*\*: gsignal.c:2580: instance '0x1b987a0' has no handler with id '161'  

(caja:31657): GLib-CRITICAL \*\*: Source ID 166 was not found when attempting to remove it  

(caja:31657): GLib-CRITICAL \*\*: Source ID 167 was not found when attempting to remove it  

(caja:31657): GLib-CRITICAL \*\*: Source ID 168 was not found when attempting to remove it  

(caja:31657): Eel-WARNING \*\*: "unique eel\_ref\_str" hash table still has 7 elements at quit time (keys above)  

(caja:31657): Eel-WARNING \*\*: "caja-directory.c: directories" hash table still has 18 elements at quit time  

somebody on this bug report said it’s about lightdm: [https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lightdm/+bug/1000775][0]">[https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour][1] … ug/1000775

I don’t know if it’s related to x.

And, sorry for my English.

[0]: <a href=
    [1]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour

[b:jfaxn8ae]My Deviantart:[/b:jfaxn8ae] [url:jfaxn8ae]http://taylantatli.deviantart.com[/url:jfaxn8ae]

• I had this problem with Cinnamon around the time GTK 3.12 was released. It was fixed upstream though. Try changing your theme to the default and see if the issue goes away.

Best Regards,
    Dustin

• I will try when it happened again. I was removed Antergos because of this but this time i will try to solve this issue.

• Whatever the issue may be I doubt it is specific to Antergos/Arch. My guess is that it has something to do with changes made in the most recent GTK & GLIB packages that require changes to be made in MATE (and Cinnamon usually). They are both developed on top of GTK libraries that are 1 to 2…sometimes 3 versions behind what is current in Arch.

Best Regards

• Still happening, it needs to restart computer or kill X to be normal. process is /usr/sbin/X :0 -seat seat0 -auth /run/lightdm/root/:0 -nolisten tcp vt1 -novtswitch

• Are there any errors appearing in the journal that coincide with the .xsession-errors?

• @“lots.0.logs”:28bqcbnd said:

Are there any errors appearing in the journal that coincide with the .xsession-errors?[/quote:28bqcbnd]

My English is not good. I don’t understand.

• If possible, post the output of this command when the problem occurs:

sudo journalctl -b \> ~journal.log

The file will be saved in your home directory as “journal.log”

Cheers!

• Hi,

Dustin forgot a slash, if I’m not mistaken it should be:

sudo journalctl -b \> ~/journal.log

Cheers!

• Forgot to write here, i format my pc one more time and installed antergos again. It seems ok for now.

Posts 11Views 1846