• Internet Access for Cnchi

Here’s the output:

$ ip route
    default via 192.168.254.254 dev wlp6s0 proto static metric 600 
    192.168.254.0/24 dev wlp6s0 proto kernel scope link src 192.168.254.41 
    metric 600 

Sorry about the delayed response, I was just adding the section of “Issues with Cnchi” to the dual boot article in the wiki🙂

The list is still pretty sparse though…

• @A-User said in Internet Access for Cnchi:

Sorry about the delayed response

Do not worry, I get a warning when you post, so I’m working on other things meanwhile 😁

Try with this address (it looks that you’re using the last ip address in your network and not the first one, that’s a bit odd, but perfectly fine)

http://192.168.254.254

• It works!

But, um, how exactly do I know what my “username” and “password” are?
    (I know thhis one is probably a no-brainer, but I really don’t know😄)

At least we’re finally getting somewhere!

• Hi,

But, um, how exactly do I know what my “username” and “password” are?

Check your router manual, or sometimes it is written under the router itself.

You can try user admin and password 1234 or admin, too.

Best bet is to google your router brand and model, I’m sure you’ll find which are the default values.

• @karasu said in Internet Access for Cnchi:

Best bet is to google your router brand and model, I’m sure you’ll find which are the default values.

Can do! I’ll let you know when I have done so successfully.

• Problems, problems, problems…

So apparently someone in the distant past changed the username and password (oh goody😄)

It gets better…
    For some reason netgear won’t let me access my info right now on their website due to a bug (I looked it up online and apparently it’s not just me. Others have been having the same issue).

Is there any other way to access my password? I was able to find my username buried in “Wifi Settings” in Gnome, but I don’t know about my password.

Thank you for all of the help!

• About to go to church this morning and run some errands afterwards, so I will not be available for about 5 hours after this post.

Thank you once again. I would never have even gotten this far had you, @karasu, not helped me🙂.

• And… I’m back! I have one idea to explore but I don’t know if it will work🙂

• Things always take longer than one thinks they will…

My “idea” may take a bit of exploring to come to any definite result.

• Hi again!

I tried everything I could think of, but the ironic thing is that I have to know either my username or my password to be able to recover the other, and turns out I don’t know either.😄

I could perform a factory reset, (and I was definitely thinking of doing so) but then realized that the laptop I’ve been speaking of is 32-bit!

I know that Antergos is now a 64-bit only OS, and I do think that this decision is a good one seeing as so few computers are 32-bit these days, but being one of those few people I really wish there was something Arch based that was still 32-bit😢

Since there is not anymore, do you know of any decent rolling distro that is? If you do, then perhaps I will continue my router problem journey.

Thanks again (I really wish this laptop could run Antergos, it is such a GREAT OS!😀) At least my newer one can… (bought it last year, so definitely an upgrade).

• Thank you for all of your time, patience, and help.

It really meant a lot to me🙂

• @A-User said

Since there is not anymore, do you know of any decent rolling distro that is?

Manjaro are still supporting 32 bit architecture, talking about Arch-based distros.

• Thanks🙂

I heard somewhere however that even they are ending it this September.

• hmmm…
    not seeing anything confirming what I just posted. Perhaps I was thinking of another distro😀

Thanks, I had not thought of Manjaro at all.

• @A-User , they are also waiting to see what will happen. As to you, I guess you should consider as to if reviving that “ancient laptop” is worth trying. How "ancient is it, what is really capable of doing in today s reallity? A DE and a browser tab?

• Have you thought of installing KODI on it and connect it to your TV?
      ** The Arch-Community created a new homepage: for 32 bit:

http://archlinux32.org/

• @anarch said in Internet Access for Cnchi:

I guess you should consider as to if reviving that “ancient laptop” is worth trying

I myself was beginning to think that perhaps it is not worth it. I think I will just abandon the idea, but at least it has been a learning process🙂

• Thanks once again for everyone’s help. The little things like this are what make me love Antergos (and feel confident steering others towards it🙂)

error336 installation322 cnchi161 install84 Posts 37Views 4637
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.