• antergos-keyring: package corrupted

Hi all,

I have an issue with pacman upgrade:

error: antergos-keyring: signature from "Antergos Build Server (Automated Package Build System) <[email protected]>" is unknown trust
    :: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/antergos-keyring-20170524-1-any.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (the package is invalid or corrupted (PGP-key)).

Any idea?

• sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys

See https://forum.antergos.com/topic/6984/error-with-antergos-keyring

I'm not from this planet but if you speak to me nicely I may choose not to enslave you (for now anyway)…

• @robgriff444 thanks.

With

pacman-key --refresh-keys
    pacman -Syyu

it works.

Best regards

• @abacus1985 …found same message trying pacman…
    deleted entry “keyring”…tried again, same message while downloading…

• @wsypostbox …did key refresh…think “works proper now” 😉
    nice forum here…OS Antergos is a real good deal…my favore…
    greets from german coastline…

• $ sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys
    gpg: refreshing 94 keys from hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
    gpg: keyserver refresh failed: Address family not supported by protocol
    ==> ERROR: A specified local key could not be updated from a keyserver.

• do:

sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys --keyserver ipv4.pool.sks-keyservers.net

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    antergos:_rescue
    how to add system logs:
    wget http://bit.ly/2GCG9k2 && sh 2GCG9k2
    :handshake: donate antergos

• I’m have the same issue, but my error is slightly different:
    error: antergos-keyring: signature from "Antergos Build Server (Automated Package Build System) <[email protected]>" is marginal trust :: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/antergos-keyring-20170524-1-any.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
    Notice, “marginal trust” instead of unknown.

I’ve done all this:

sudo rm -R /etc/pacman.d/gnupg/
    sudo rm -R /root/.gnupg/
    sudo gpg --refresh-keys
    sudo pacman-key --init && sudo pacman-key --populate
    sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys

Refresh completed successfully (“Total number processed: 93”) Still getting the error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

• Try to disable signature checks for “antergos” repo in /etc/pacman.conf (SignatureLevel = Never), reinstall antergos-keyring and re-enable signature checks. Worked for me.

• Thanks @bytefu That worked… with a slight modification. For anyone else who may find this thread, it’s actually “SigLevel = Never” and it needs to be in the antergos section. Like this:

[antergos]
    SigLevel = Never

• @bill.peters You’re right. I usually check every little thing before posting, but that time, weirdly, relied on my memory and got the parameter name wrong. In fact, I should have posted an actual excerpt from the pacman.conf in the first place - that way I would not only avoid the mistake, but also present information much more clearly. A little lesson for me 🤓

• @bytefu and @bill-peters
    Isn’t it dangerous to deactivate the Signature checking if packages fail?

It basically means if an attacker managed to inject a package, you would be willing to make the one single exception he needs to install it on your machine or am I wrong?

I’ve got the same issues as the Thread opener and my problem can’t be fixed with the suggested commands. I think “only” your approach would help (changing SigLevel to never).

Does anybody have insights how this issue can happen anyways?

• @mollitz It was an unusual error by one of the devs: read from here until you see the dev (lots.0.logs) respond: https://forum.antergos.com/topic/6984/error-with-antergos-keyring/47

I'm not from this planet but if you speak to me nicely I may choose not to enslave you (for now anyway)…

• Thanks for the insights

• @bill.peters Having the same or similar issue for about a week and this worked for me today.

Thanks.

Tower | Dell Optiplex 760 | Quad Core | 4gb | 250gb | Mageia Cauldron - Debian Testing - SalixOS 14.1
    Tower2 | HP DC-7700 | Core 2 Duo | 2gb | 80gb | Mageia 5 - ArchLinux

• I’m still having this issue.

error: antergos-welcome: signature from "Antergos Build Server (Automated Package Build System) <[email protected]>" is marginal trust
    :: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/antergos-welcome-0.0.3-1-any.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
    Do you want to delete it? [Y/n]  
    error: numix-icon-theme: signature from "Antergos Build Server (Automated Package Build System) <[email protected]>" is marginal trust
    :: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/numix-icon-theme-1:0.r1944-1-any.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
    error: qt5-styleplugins: signature from "Antergos Build Server (Automated Package Build System) <[email protected]>" is marginal trust
    :: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/qt5-styleplugins-5.0.0.1r36-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
    error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature))
    Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

Any help?

• @renan still means: till june?

how to add system logs:

• @renan said in antergos-keyring: package corrupted:

signature from “Antergos Build Server (Automated Package Build System) [email protected]” is marginal trust

sudo pacman-key --init
    sudo pacman-key --populate archlinux antergos
    sudo pacman -Scc
    sudo pacman -Syu

should work for you, but depends on the “till” (ow long since the last update ?)

If this do not work you can try this:

wget http://mirrors.antergos.com/antergos/x86_64/antergos-keyring-20170524-1-any.pkg.tar.xz
    sudo pacman -U antergos-keyring-20170524-1-any.pkg.tar.xz
    sudo pacman -Scc
    sudo pacman -Syu

how to add system logs:

• @joekamprad I did read the whole thread and it didn’t work. But I guess I haven’t deleted etc/pacman.d/gnupg/.
    This worked fine:

sudo pacman-key --init
    sudo pacman-key --populate archlinux antergos
    sudo pacman -Scc
    sudo pacman -Syu

I did have that problem in may. I solved just refreshing the keys.

Thanks.

pacman106 upgrades6 Posts 19Views 8120
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.