• Dual Boot Option In Cnchi

It wasn t a question about where we can help, but a motivation (and a reminder) that we, users, can and should help with translations. Not only with the wiki but with the distro itself, too.
    https://antergos.com/help-translate-antergos/

https://www.transifex.com/faidoc/antergos/

• I’d love to have this in multiple languages, but don’t know exactly how to do this sadly. Any help would be appreciated😀

NOTE: the whole wiki article thing is a bit new to me as this is the first one I’ve done, so I may be a bit slow on the uptake🙂

• There is now (or will be soon) an article about keyrings and how to fix updating errors involving them on the wiki🙂

Hopefully new users can utilize the wiki as it expands and gets more useful😀

However, all of this talk about the wiki is getting us severely off topic as the title of this thread is “Dual Boot Option in Cnchi”.

Thank you though for all of your encouragement, help, and support🙂

• Yay!

I just figured out what the link @Velkerk sent meant and how to do it!😄

Sorry about the slow uptake.

• …and here I go getting the thread off topic again😄

• @A-User said

this talk about the wiki is getting us severely off topic as the title of this thread is “Dual Boot Option in Cnchi”.

Well, part of it was about multilingual functionality of your original suggestion. So, I wouldn t say it s really off-topic…

• Your right…
    I had not thought of that

Thanks again😀

• 0_1495903717196_new_browser_screen.png

Hi all,

I’ve added a button in the “ask what to do” screen. It simply shows a new window with the wiki article. What’s cool is that you can have both open, so you can check the wiki at the same time that you perform the installation.

I had to understand how the new Webkit2 works 😬

Cheers!

• Thank you so much! This looks perfect!

Hopefully this helps some people in the future😀

• @Karasu
    @A-User said

it would be extremely helpful if it included a dual boot option like Ubuntu does for the less experienced Linux users

Knowing how much you dislike buntu, I think @A-User means this option:
    0_1495906521168_ae608acf-9b2b-461f-81b6-f8d21d675766-undefined
    which allows an automatic split of the Hard Disk. You can resize by just dragging in between the 2 OSes. This way, Ubuntu creates an extended partition with / and a 2 gbs swap (I read they dropped/will drop swap partitions for swap files).
    0_1495906232434_489c2e84-b735-488b-819f-0f96e255a858-undefined

I don t know what it takes to implement this (should you decide to implement it) and my comliments for what you ve already have done!!!
    Cheers

• Thanks @anarch, this is exactly what I was referring to originally😀

• Eddited it because the 1st picture was a mistake (poor old eyes),

• @anarch said in Dual Boot Option In Cnchi:

@Velkerk said

(Note: It would be very grateful if it was in several languages)

+1. But that s where , we users, can help, isn t it?

I just done the german translation ;)

• @karasu, do you know if @anarch’s idea would work?

Thank you for all of your help already🙂

• @A-User said

o you know if @anarch’s idea would work?

You re the father of it. I just helped in the delivery!😊

• Thank you again for the compliment🙂.

I was wondering though, how do you insert part of another person’s comment with that blue line (like you did in that last post)? I know that this is probably really simple😄 but I can’t seem to figure it out.

• @A-User said

how do you insert part of another person’s comment with that blue line

Just highlight the part you want and then press the REPLY button at the bottom of the post where you highlit the extract.

• @anarch said in Dual Boot Option In Cnchi:

Just highlight the part you want and then press the REPLY button at the bottom of the post where you highlit the extract.

Thank you so much🙂

• Hi again!

I was thinking that since the dual boot article is now a part of Cnchi, it seems like it would be useful for a list of common problems/ issues and their solutions to be somewhere there (I was thinking near the bottom). The maximum word count for that article has already been reached (minus maybe 10 words😀) so I was considering just putting a set of links to other short problems there instead of having the whole solution to all of them right in the article. Kind of like this:

COMMON PROBLEMS WITH CNCHI:

• list item as link
    • list item as link
    • list item as link

…and so on. However, I really don’t know of many common problems since I am still newer to the forum, so I was hoping for some help from the community🙂

I can take care of the article portion if people can just tell me the issues WITH their solutions/ possible solutions.

Thank you very much!

installation326 boot320 install84 cnichi2 Posts 44Views 8092
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.