• GTK theme adapta update/install broken for weeks

@fernandomaroto this would be a security risk.
    On my opinion it would be better to solve the Problem where they happen on the server side, and with keymanagement.

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    http://gofccyourself.com
    howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• @joekamprad said in GTK theme adapta update/install broken for weeks:

@fernandomaroto this would be a security risk.
    On my opinion it would be better to solve the Problem where they happen on the server side, and with keymanagement.

i understand your point, but if someone wants to update something that is stucked. (and is a function for new users that need to update through GUI and then get these errors). Maybe a switch to enable/disable the function…

Antergos (default OS) - WIN10 (abandoned)
    I3wm - Mate desktop
    AMD - A4 7300 Radeon graphics
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB
    Linux newbie since 06/2016

• Just by reading this one (from aside) I can tell it’s a stupid argument, SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE RESOLVED, like yesterday.

Average users do not care is it complex to solve, or not. They just don’t.

• @fernandomaroto @gozo i am with both of you, this problem must be solved without the need for an intervention in the terminal.

0_1500285053945_Bildschirmfoto vom 2017-07-17 11-50-24.png

To respect this, we need a solution for this!

howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• You the man joe

Lets fix this ASAP

• @gozo said in GTK theme adapta update/install broken for weeks:

Just by reading this one (from aside) I can tell it’s a stupid argument, SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE RESOLVED, like yesterday.

Average users do not care is it complex to solve, or not. They just don’t.

I understand you too, i’m not talking about your specific problem here, but sometimes uisng -U function is necessary. Sorry for messing with your post.

Antergos (default OS) - WIN10 (abandoned)
    I3wm - Mate desktop
    AMD - A4 7300 Radeon graphics
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB
    Linux newbie since 06/2016

• Guys, when improved Update app is launched please let me know to test it and then I can also close this toooo long thread :)

• Hi all,

Just wanted to clarify… pacman, pamac, octopi… neither of them are developed by Antergos devs.

There have been several problems with keys (like planets were aligned or something like that). One of them was our fault, but not the others!

We will try to not make the same mistake again, we can’t answer for the other ones.

Cheers!

• @karasu as we know the keyproblem on Antergos side was simple a mistake on forget to renew the key or set this up in a better way. This is for shure understandable and not a big problem.
    And there will always be a risk that something unforeseen happen too.

But it would be a profit to find an easy to handle way, to solve this in the future.

I do not think it would be a good idea to modify pamac and other related programs.

I know devs will take care on the keys on the Antergos side!
    But how about having an alert message with a solution inside or a link to howto solve, if this happen again?
    I think it will be possible, and devs will get knowledge if a keyerror like this comes up.

howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• Joe - you would know better than us - at bare minimum Updater should provide details on what broke and why, and provide some guidance on how to fix manually.
    Also, whole update should not break becuase of one faulty package.

To modify Pamac or not I don’t know… but going around its limitations is only a Temporary solution.

gtk theme1 update fail1 pgp signature2 adapta1 Posts 50Views 3651