• Blank Screen after install - Toshiba A100 - SOLVED

Just a little something I found out when trying to install Antergos on my old Toshiba A100 using a Geforce Go 7300 IGA , it trys to use the most recent nvidia driver which of course doesn’t work. Solution is to uninstall the current nvidia driver + mesa and a few of it’s dependencies after installing Antergos and going to the terminal (ctrl + alt + f2). Or chrooting into it with the disc.

Then install an older nvidia driver, I found nvidia-403xx did the job and my display now happily works
    I’m sorry I don’t have exact details as I did it a few months ago.

Perhaps this could be adjusted in the install script for Antergos to deal with older hardware?

Cheers,

Octatron

• Just a little something I found out when trying to install Antergos on my old Toshiba A100 using a Geforce Go 7300 IGA , it trys to use the most recent nvidia driver which of course doesn’t work. Solution is to uninstall the current nvidia driver + mesa and a few of it’s dependencies after installing Antergos and going to the terminal (ctrl + alt + f2). Or chrooting into it with the disc.

Then install an older nvidia driver, I found nvidia-403xx did the job and my display now happily works
    I’m sorry I don’t have exact details as I did it a few months ago.

Perhaps this could be adjusted in the install script for Antergos to deal with older hardware?

Cheers,

Octatron

• Thanks!

Your report is really useful. We’ll try to address this in future versions of Cnchi (you can imagine we have a large todo list)

Cheers!

P.S. [url:3o2vsrhy]https://github.com/Antergos/Cnchi/issues/188[/url:3o2vsrhy]

Posts 3Views 796