• New SSD - Backup / Restore Possible?

Hey Everyone,

I’m looking at replacing the SSD in my laptop, and was curious if there was an easy way to backup / restore my Antergos install?

Currently, my drive has multiple partitions and is dual-booted with Windows 10. I am assuming any type of cloning software to copy all the contents from the old drive to the new drive will NOT work?

Is there an easy way to clone the drive or restore my install and get everything with Antergos on the new drive without having to perform a fresh clean install?

Thanks in advance to everyone’s time and help, it is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Asif

• @a4orce84 said in New SSD - Backup / Restore Possible?:

…Is there an easy way to clone the drive or restore my install and get everything with Antergos on the new drive without having to perform a fresh clean install?..

Yes, there is. Clonezilla and fsarchiver were created to do this job. Both do it perfectly.

• So, I use clonezilla…clone everything to the new SSD. Then I can use gparted and adjust the partitions sizes how I want them?

Is there anything else I’m forgetting…you are making this sound somewhat easy. =)

Thanks,
    Asif

• @a4orce84 I prefer fsarchiver. It’s much easier to work with destination partitions with sizes, different from source partitions. Partition a new SSD as you wish, with gparted. Then backup your old Antergoses with fsarchiver, and restore them onto a new SSD. Basic fsarchiver operations are described here.

• You may try to adopt this to your situation.

ssd17 backup9 restore3 Posts 5Views 143