• inhibit power management when watching videos

i’ve tried the lightson script and the html5 fork but these don’t work. im using the latest version of gnome on wayland. how can i automatically prevent the screen turning off when watching videos? i need it to be automatic because i tend to watch videos when im in bed and i would like the power management to kick in after the video is finished because by then id probably have fallen asleep.
    #WindowsAndMacReallyDoSomeThingsBetter

• Not exactly as specified, but the Caffeine extension for GNOME has a feature for applications to auto enable Caffeine. But I guess that needs the application to close after video ends to work as you want. I don’t have GNOME available atm to test myself unfortunately, but thought I would post the closest thing I could think of to what you want.

• thanks, but you’re right. that won’t work because if i fall asleep the computer won’t.

• Ok, so I reinstalled from scratch and this seems to work out of the box. Before i installed antergos with KDE but i had since removed KDE and installed Gnome with GDM. I reckon there must be something in the antergos installer that is different to just installing gnome separately. it may have something to do with gdm.

• alrighty then, false alarm. now the opposite is happening.

• i put light-locker-settings to blank screen after 1 min -> this works
    • i go to youtube and watch a video and the screen does not blank after 1 min -> this works
    • youtube video finishes and i wait for 1 min -> screen does not blank! (even if i quite chrome and leave the computer alone)
    • i check light-locker settings and it seems the blank screen after 1 min setting has been changed to “never”.

so it seems the problem now is that watching the youtube video changes to light-locker setting to blank screen to “never” but when the video finishes it does not change the setting back to 1 min.

• @christianbrooker
    Hi!
    you can try to install the caffeine-ng from AUR and set specific programs to work with it like not suspend if your browser is opened.

Is just an workaround off course.

OBS: You need to start the app everytime you login (make a script, set autostart etc)

• thanks but like i mentioned in the OP i need this to be automatic due to the whole falling asleep thing and not wanting to wake up in the middle of the night with a glaring laptop in my face.

• @christianbrooker yes, but you can set to only work with your browser, but as i said is an workaround.

OBS: i saw a similiar problem like yours somewhere else in our forum this week.

• its not a workaround because it wont work. if im watching a video in my browser and i fall asleep the browser wont close and the screen wont blank. i’d have to close the browser for the screen to blank and i can’t do that if im alseep.

power20 management6 watching2 inhibit1 Posts 9Views 1672
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.