• Quick question (migrating existing system to SSD)

going to be migrating entire system (laptop) to an SSD…are there any drawbacks to mirroring existing system to new SSD…read a little in arch wiki about the importance of aligned partitions and setting trim up…can anybody give me a quick 1-2 on what exactly I should be doing…

is it safer to fresh install…?

Thanks in advance.

Gio.

***(OOPS sorry mods maybe this question can be moved to installation section )***

• going to be migrating entire system (laptop) to an SSD…are there any drawbacks to mirroring existing system to new SSD…read a little in arch wiki about the importance of aligned partitions and setting trim up…can anybody give me a quick 1-2 on what exactly I should be doing…

is it safer to fresh install…?

Thanks in advance.

Gio.

***(OOPS sorry mods maybe this question can be moved to installation section )***

• I recommend doing a fresh format/install and then copying your /home afterwards.

Cheers!

• Since Kernel 3.13 you don’t need to do anything related to SSDs manually. Antergos will detect your drive as an SSD during the installation and set up necessary configs.
    And yes, clean install recommended.

Please give a feedback after you get help so the thread can be set to solved.

Posts 4Views 753