• VLC troubles

Hi
    I have been used to realize some desktop record videos. I use SimpleScreenRecorder to produce them. My last one (sound: Vorbis, video: h264, container: .mp4) gave me strange results:

• mplayer could read it without any problem (image and sound)
    • VLC (Arch package) gave a perfect sound but a black screen
      I tried VLC with Wine (so Windows package) to get the same result.
      I tried VLC with Windows7 which could read it though the image quality was not very good).
    • Totem gave a good video but no sound.
      I am puzzled by these results, specially for VLC since it is supposed not to use any codec dependency.

I am looking for advice to “cure” VLC since, upto now, it seemed to be the most reliable tool of the trade.

• @roger64 i had this same issue on KDE. Here is what worked for me

open vlc and go: Tools > Preferences > Video

then where is says output, switch it to xvideo output (xcb) and save and restart VLC.
    hopefully this works for you too.

• The problem has been solved without me doing anything but installing a nvidia driver instead of nouveau. A big update occurred at the same time so I can’t confirm the real reason.

What is sure is that for now, I consistently read this same video normally and I really did nothing intently for solving it. Understand who can…

vlc23 troubles6 Posts 3Views 758
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.